+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone know when international travel will resume?My brother wants to move

My brother wants to move to Japan next year. I told him that may not happen but he thinks international travel resumes next year? Is this true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The current restrictions don’t apply to people who are relocating so he could go now if he wanted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Cherryblossomgirl (24-09-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think so? E.g. people that have sick and old relatives in Europe and are no Aussie citizens aren't even allowed to travel outside Australia which is really demoralising.

For example, I haven't seen my parents in more than a year - I have a EU passport not an Aussie passport and permanent residency in Australia but I'm not allowed to leave the country to go to Europe, and if I found a way to leave I wouldn't be allowed back in. That's just twisted.

A work colleague's brother died and she wasn't allowed to travel to the UK. WTF??

It's unlikely that international travel will resume before March or even July next year. I think Qantas said March - but probably depends on the situation. But the main issue is there are almost no international flights available right now. And the ones that are available (e.g. through Qatar for Europe destinations) are seriously expensive (economy ticket costs as much as business class, like $8000 one way per person).

Ooops sorry ladies, I get really agitated about this...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does anyone know when international travel will resume?My brother wants to move

Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    I didn't think so? E.g. people that have sick and old relatives in Europe and are no Aussie citizens aren't even allowed to travel outside Australia which is really demoralising.

For example, I haven't seen my parents in more than a year - I have a EU passport not an Aussie passport and permanent residency in Australia but I'm not allowed to leave the country to go to Europe, and if I found a way to leave I wouldn't be allowed back in. That's just twisted.

A work colleague's brother died and she wasn't allowed to travel to the UK. WTF??

It's unlikely that international travel will resume before March or even July next year. I think Qantas said March - but probably depends on the situation. But the main issue is there are almost no international flights available right now. And the ones that are available (e.g. through Qatar for Europe destinations) are seriously expensive (economy ticket costs as much as business class, like $8000 one way per person).

Ooops sorry ladies, I get really agitated about this...
    You can move overseas.
    You can travel on compassionate grounds.
    You can travel for urgent work and business.

I know several people who have left the country recently for one of the above reasons.

Getting back into the country is very difficult though due to lack of flights. I think it’s not too hard to get a ticket to leave.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (25-09-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A girl at my daughters swim school is leaving to go back to the UK.. so it can be done.