+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone taken a complaint about a FS to AHPRA?

I realise AHPRA refers it to the state complaints body and they are useless but with the ethics of some FS’s I was wondering if anyone has taken it higher?
    In keeping with the rules I’ll refrain from naming any Drs or clinics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobaby1 View Post
    I realise AHPRA refers it to the state complaints body and they are useless but with the ethics of some FS’s I was wondering if anyone has taken it higher?
    In keeping with the rules I’ll refrain from naming any Drs or clinics.

Cant say I have but I know some can be unethical.

The problem is private IVF clinics in Australia are untegulated thus can behave how they wish to. The public health IVF clinics are regulated.

You can take your complaint to AHPRA even the Health Minister. They are obliged to investigate complaints even if nothing is done or the outcome you are seeking the record remains there.

Private IVF clinics are ASX listed corporations, just remember this. You will find some ethical clinicials amongst them as well as some that have a financial interest (major shareholders). You need to find an ethical one that cares about people and families not their back pocket. Use your intuition and move onto someone else if you are suspocious or not getting results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's the issue that you have, and in which state? Is it an issue with an individual FS, or the clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersDay View Post
    Cant say I have but I know some can be unethical.

The problem is private IVF clinics in Australia are untegulated thus can behave how they wish to. The public health IVF clinics are regulated.

You can take your complaint to AHPRA even the Health Minister. They are obliged to investigate complaints even if nothing is done or the outcome you are seeking the record remains there.

Private IVF clinics are ASX listed corporations, just remember this. You will find some ethical clinicials amongst them as well as some that have a financial interest (major shareholders). You need to find an ethical one that cares about people and families not their back pocket. Use your intuition and move onto someone else if you are suspocious or not getting results.
    Thanks. I don’t think the one I went to is listed in ASX. She’s a one woman show from what I can tell although I don’t know. I’ve put a complaint to her and am awaiting her response. In NSW AHPRA will refer to the HCCC and they are useless.

Another person on this forum advised that another person on this forum took action against the FS and settled out of court. She is highly unethical and I feel so stupid at the blind faith and trust I put in her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone taken a complaint about a FS to AHPRA?

Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    What's the issue that you have, and in which state? Is it an issue with an individual FS, or the clinic?
    yeah issue with the FS who is the only dr in a clinic I believe she owns. Re questionable ethics
    Last edited by Jobaby1; 24-09-2020 at 14:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah issue with the FS who is the only dr in a clinic I believe she owns. Re questionable ethics
    Can you provide any more details without names?

The HCCC can take some pretty serious actions in some cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I don’t think the one I went to is listed in ASX. She’s a one woman show from what I can tell although I don’t know. I’ve put a complaint to her and am awaiting her response. In NSW AHPRA will refer to the HCCC and they are useless.

Another person on this forum advised that another person on this forum took action against the FS and settled out of court. She is highly unethical and I feel so stupid at the blind faith and trust I put in her.

Do it. Complain also to the health minister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersDay View Post
    Do it. Complain also to the health minister.
    Honestly it’s a waste of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Can you provide any more details without names?

The HCCC can take some pretty serious actions in some cases.
    I’ve pm’d you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’d like to complain about a horrible experience I had, but I don’t think it’s worth it, I finished the Telehealth appointment with her thinking who the fk was that, a total 180 deg on what she was like when she was gunning for my money, once she had it she completely wiped me and was so nasty, grrrr. I was seeing her for gyne reasons, but she is also a fs and knew I wanted to do an o/s cycle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Jobaby1 (24-09-2020)