+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone here with 5 month old and slowly introducing solids?

Hello there ladies, since I can't find a thread on 5-6 month old babies, figured I'd start one.

My baby boy Zachary is the apple of our eye and is consuming his milk like there's no tomorrow! So we're slowly adding in some oatmeal. Really fun seeing his face when trying this new food!

For other Moms here doing the same - please share your stories?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! I have a baby boy too and started solids just before he turned 5 months a few weeks ago. So far he's had pumpkin, apple, pear, sweet potato, baby porridge and carrot (all purées). He loves food! Only having a tablespoon or two a day though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Hi! I have a baby boy too and started solids just before he turned 5 months a few weeks ago. So far he's had pumpkin, apple, pear, sweet potato, baby porridge and carrot (all purées). He loves food! Only having a tablespoon or two a day though.
    Thanks dear, yes we managed. how's your baby and you going along?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I started my (almost 6 month old now) on solids in late December (when he was 5months old) and started with lunch and dinner...I started out doing baby-led weaning but then switched to purees just because of what I'd read from some experts. Then he started waking more overnight and I was told meat at dinner time can cause overnight waking, so I stopped the solids for a few days and started again but he's still been waking 2-3 times overnight. I'm going a bit crazy here hahah. He also has a lot more wind since starting solids. He's had avocado, carrot, egg, sweet potato, yoghurt etc...he's a bit hit and miss in terms of whether he's really enjoying eating or not...I think it depends on whether he's tired or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyKenny View Post
    Hello there ladies, since I can't find a thread on 5-6 month old babies, figured I'd start one.

My baby boy Zachary is the apple of our eye and is consuming his milk like there's no tomorrow! So we're slowly adding in some oatmeal. Really fun seeing his face when trying this new food!

For other Moms here doing the same - please share your stories?
    Twins are 6 months and have just started solids.. so far they’ve had steamed pear purée, banana and breast milk purée as well as Belamys organic porridge. We are doing a late dinner 6-7pm ish with the porridge so they aren’t cluster feeding and literally eating me alive haha.

So far it has worked, they are just having a big feed before bed and sleeping through..

Good luck! It’s so cute watching them try new food for the first time xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’ve been doing solids with DS since he was 4 months, now just shy of 7 months.

His food routine is:

Breakfast: rice cereal mixed with puréed fruit, then some finger food (toast sticks mainly)

Lunchtime: whilst I eat my lunch I give him some fruit to play with

Mid-afternoon: his second meal, usually chicken and veggies which I’ve made and it’s slightly chunky

Dinner time: whilst we eat either some veggies from our dinner or some packaged snacks

No idea if he’s having too little or too much, but it works for us!

He has a wide variety of vegetables in the food I’ve made him, sometimes he has avocado. Vegemite on toast has been a winner and he’s tried egg, honeydew melon, kiwi fruit.