+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Is your son medicated for ADHD? Does he assistance at school for behaviour or academic help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You should be able to at least get a mental health plan from your gp and get a discount for some sessions with a psychologist.
    I’m in SA and that’s exactly it went with ds1.
    GP - care plan for in school physcologist who referred him to Camhs to see a paediatric physchriatrist who gave the formal diagnosis and who was in charge of medication scripts but he signed over authority to our regular GP after 6 months in case we ran out. For his learning assessment we went to a lady not far from home. I rang around until I got an appt that was the best time frame

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The government has just increased the number of appointments you get discounts on from 10 to 20. If the situation is not improving then I would use up these appointments with a psychologist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The government has just increased the number of appointments you get discounts on from 10 to 20. If the situation is not improving then I would use up these appointments with a psychologist.
    This!!

We used the mental health care plan to access psyc while awaiting for our NDIS funding! Really took some of the pressure off and while my son wasn’t really interested in the appointments they were a great help for me, to discuss ways of helping him with his behaviours.. simply changes that have made so much difference. My son was diagnosed with ASD and anxiety and it’s a lot of work.. constantly have to be on top of him, takes a toll so having someone to talk to and get reassurance from that I was doing an okay job was so much value!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I just saw the last few comments I missed. Still awaiting his last autism assessment appointment. The school psychologist is happy to bulk bill appointments because he has a mental health plan. She also said she will try to help with getting NDIS funding. It’s definitely a relief to get some help. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No he just has Melatonin at night. He does have an SSO at school to help with anxiety leaving the classroom to go to another class, fine motor skills and lots of encouragement to complete tasks.