+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks
    2,790
    Thanked
    3,265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default GYN recommendation please.

    Looking for a thorough gynaecologist who has experience with hyperplasia and abnormal menstrual bleeding. It seems like most deal with fibroids and endo. Any recommendations?

    Has anyone had experience with Prof. Rhonda Farrell?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,109
    Thanks
    8,220
    Thanked
    7,477
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Where are you located?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

    MissTwiggley (19-09-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks
    2,790
    Thanked
    3,265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    Where are you located?
    Sydney, but if by some miracle the borders should re-open in the next few weeks, I am willing to travel interstate too.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,227
    Thanks
    3,151
    Thanked
    3,321
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    Sydney, but if by some miracle the borders should re-open in the next few weeks, I am willing to travel interstate too.
    Ray Yoong, Carl lamb and fariba behnia-Willison. Carl trained under fariba when I had ds1 in 2007 as she was my gyno/ob back then.

    She is crazy exp though like I’ve heard $3k for a gap for gyno

    Ray I met in 2015 when I changed fertility specialists he does gyno/ob/fertility but he is now booked out for months thanks to covid not sure what Carl is like but I know he is better at some things and ray is better At others but I’d still go to ray. He’s private at Ashford only

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

    MissTwiggley (19-09-2020)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked
    1,774
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a consult with professor Vancialle at whria in Sydney, I had a consult with him due to abnormal bleeding, he deals a lot with ashermans but he is also experienced with cesarean scar defects as well which can cause this issue.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

    MissTwiggley (19-09-2020)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks
    2,790
    Thanked
    3,265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Ray Yoong, Carl lamb and fariba behnia-Willison. Carl trained under fariba when I had ds1 in 2007 as she was my gyno/ob back then.

    She is crazy exp though like I’ve heard $3k for a gap for gyno

    Ray I met in 2015 when I changed fertility specialists he does gyno/ob/fertility but he is now booked out for months thanks to covid not sure what Carl is like but I know he is better at some things and ray is better At others but I’d still go to ray. He’s private at Ashford only
    Thank you lovely! Fariba is affiliated with the Sydney care group, which I'll be contacting this week for some advice. I'll also call her rooms in SA.

    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    I had a consult with professor Vancialle at whria in Sydney, I had a consult with him due to abnormal bleeding, he deals a lot with ashermans but he is also experienced with cesarean scar defects as well which can cause this issue.
    Thank you so much! I looked him up and I think even John Eden might fit the bill. I will give them a call soon to see if they can assist. I don't have ashermans as I've not had a c-section or d&c to date. May I ask what your abnormal bleeding was due to and how it was resolved?

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked
    1,774
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My issue hasn’t been resolved as yet, I’m in qld and can’t travel to see him but I now have a scar defect which will possibly need resectioning, plus the likelihood of cervical stenosis.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks
    2,790
    Thanked
    3,265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    My issue hasn’t been resolved as yet, I’m in qld and can’t travel to see him but I now have a scar defect which will possibly need resectioning, plus the likelihood of cervical stenosis.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it can be resolved in due time. xx

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,227
    Thanks
    3,151
    Thanked
    3,321
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    Thank you lovely! Fariba is affiliated with the Sydney care group, which I'll be contacting this week for some advice. I'll also call her rooms in SA.



    Thank you so much! I looked him up and I think even John Eden might fit the bill. I will give them a call soon to see if they can assist. I don't have ashermans as I've not had a c-section or d&c to date. May I ask what your abnormal bleeding was due to and how it was resolved?
    She’s crazy exp as I said. With ray and my ablation, d & etc in July my gap to him was $250 her gap for same apparently is $3k she is great though when she delivered ds1 at 8pm she was dressed to the nines perfect hair perfect makeup knee high boots fabulous clothes kinda like she was going out to dinner but she didn’t it’s just her

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

    MissTwiggley (21-09-2020)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Daycare Recommendations Please - The Gap
    By Supermum in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-09-2013, 08:37
  2. Need mop recommendations please!
    By Shanaynay in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-04-2007, 20:00
  3. Broadband recommendations please?
    By Shazbutt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-02-2007, 12:41
  4. Car Seat Recommendations please
    By Cheeky Little Monkey in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 11:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...

ADVERTISEMENT