+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone been approved to leave australia for medical treatment - in this case, the IVF treatment embryo transfer?

I just read the rules and surrogacy etc is ok but medical treatment has to be evidenced by the treatment is otherwise not available in Australia. Other option is a compassionate ground under other general I suppose.

If we do give details about why we don’t use IVF in australia, we are basically letting the gov know we are using donors, indirectly. I wonder if they would grant us ok to leave Aus for that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    Has anyone been approved to leave australia for medical treatment - in this case, the IVF treatment embryo transfer?

I just read the rules and surrogacy etc is ok but medical treatment has to be evidenced by the treatment is otherwise not available in Australia. Other option is a compassionate ground under other general I suppose.

If we do give details about why we don’t use IVF in australia, we are basically letting the gov know we are using donors, indirectly. I wonder if they would grant us ok to leave Aus for that??
    I was watching the morning show this morning and an ivf clinic in USA said that there were Australians travelling to the US for IVF treatment during the pandemic. He said they were getting travel exemptions and quarantining on the way home. I don’t have much other information other than that. At least it gives hope that there is travel exemptions for ivf treatment overseas. Although I am reluctant to travel at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Importing embryo into Australia

Not IVF but I saw a story on dateline where a guy needed to go to Russia for stem cell treatment for MS. It also followed the story of a man who was in Russia receiving treatment and then struggling to get home. The guy did get home but it cost him about $40k for the flights, he had to get a private charter from WA to one of the eastern states and the other flights were expensive too. The other guy hasn’t managed to get over there. Worth watching for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post

Yes there are many woman still getting permission to leave on compassionate grounds for IVF treatment overseas, I believe they usually have a letter from an Australian Dr saying they require donor eggs and it is too hard to find in Australia. If you are applying for Super though then you don't tell them you need donor eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last year I applied many times to go OS and was granted approval however I would chicken out last minute because of the situation.
    I have a friend who applied and was granted approval recently and she’s seen Dr N and is currently pregnant, due to fly home tonight.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (13-02-2021),gypsychild (12-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just an update for those interested she bought first class tickets and wasn’t bumped off any flights. How exciting for her. Xx

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (13-02-2021),Mia75 (17-02-2021),SJ565 (14-02-2021),stacey10 (14-02-2021),TatikaOz (16-02-2021),Unicorn78 (15-02-2021)