+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie25 View Post
    Hello! I'm in South Australia and a couple of years ago my FS told me that I should bring over my overseas embryos from Greece as they are my embryos and all I need to do is ring up the clinic and tell them I'm wanting to fly over my embryos from Greece, and to not mention donor eggs/sperm. As they are your embryos the clinic would have your names on them. It's just a suggestion

We didn't end up flying them over as I didn't trust anyone except my doctor in Greece (Dr Nikos) to do the transfer (I felt my clinic in SA was very money hungry and couldn't be trusted).
    I did think about that too and how would they know. But I think the clinics involved would have to sign a declaration and I guess if it’s false and it discovered there would be huge consequences for them. I think my clinic in Spain wouldn’t be willing to give a false declaration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Yes, in Greece! I’d be interested to know if what @Goldie25 says is true. My clinic here know I went over...but I could go to a different clinic here
    From what I understand it’s not just about anonymity it’s also about the standards of collection and if the clinic meets the Australian standards. I will dig into it a bit more and keep you posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    Oh, this is getting intersting.
    Thinking out loud, I could get embryos created and bring them over here to transfer.

But I dont think its a cheap option, I remember that the Sydney clinic that does bring known donor eggs for transfer in Sydney, has to have someone travel with the eggs on the plane. I think they said someone is paid to actually carry the eggs in a special bag on the plane. If I remember corectly, they carry four clients eggs (or embyos). This makes it cheaper to do. I think when I asked about going to the Sydney clinic a few years ago, I was quoted about 25K in US$ to buy and bring either 6 or 8 (I can't remember) eggs or embryos to Sydney. Then there was also transfer, flights and accomodation costs from Melbourne.

It would be nice if the fastracked consent to tother clinics to do the same, but I don't know that will happen in Melb anyway.
    Wow that is expensive! Is that including the cost of the egg or just the transfer costs. I was told by my Spain clinic that they have to get permission from Spanish Govt to export to Australia and there are a few hoops I have to jump before they would consider it which would take 4-6 months. But before I start that process I have to check with Australia as to whether a clinic could receive it. So it’s likely this will take a year which i am fine with as not wanting to transfer for another year but I also don’t think that COVID situation internationally will improve by then either, so I am in a rock and a hard place but thought I would use this time to investigate 🤞

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mia75 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (21-09-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mia75, I had a look and found the email from two years ago to make sure I was saying the correct price and number of eggs... and Sorry my memory wasn't correct.
    These are the cost they provided then, It might have changed now. You could possibly ask them if they will bring your eggs over? There is Sydney.
    8 eggs (they guarantee a min of 3 embryos from these eggs) 10,600 US
    10 eggs (they guarantee a min of 4 embryos from these eggs) 13,250 US
    Shipping
    Single batch 4750 US per batch
    To save cash you could wait for someone else to also be ready then the costs are:
    2 batches 2500 US per batch
    5 batched 1350 US per batch

Edited to say, I keep extending my hoping to fly out date... was Sept/Oct this year, now I'm hoping to get to fly out in March next year. Althought my concern is more around getting back into Aust than flying out. It seems like people can get an exemption to fly out for transfer, its the getting back in that the hard part.
    Last edited by 1greenfrog; 21-09-2020 at 11:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    @Mia75, I had a look and found the email from two years ago to make sure I was saying the correct price and number of eggs... and Sorry my memory wasn't correct.
    These are the cost they provided then, It might have changed now. You could possibly ask them if they will bring your eggs over? There is Sydney.
    8 eggs (they guarantee a min of 3 embryos from these eggs) 10,600 US
    10 eggs (they guarantee a min of 4 embryos from these eggs) 13,250 US
    Shipping
    Single batch 4750 US per batch
    To save cash you could wait for someone else to also be ready then the costs are:
    2 batches 2500 US per batch
    5 batched 1350 US per batch

Edited to say, I keep extending my hoping to fly out date... was Sept/Oct this year, now I'm hoping to get to fly out in March next year. Althought my concern is more around getting back into Aust than flying out. It seems like people can get an exemption to fly out for transfer, its the getting back in that the hard part.
    Thankyou for the information. Do you know which clinic in Sydney you were dealing with.

Yes it seems that getting back into Australia is the issue. All the best with your travel and transfer.

I will update on my progress here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mia75 it was Fertility First.
    Updates would be great, Thanks.