+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Freezing Embryos - Just started 1st cycle today

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have low ovarian syndrome and my husband and I are freezing embryos to use in a couple of years.

Today was day 2 of my cycle and I started my first two injections. They were Gonal F and Luveris. I start another one on Sunday.

I am just wondering with all these hormones when I will actually start to feel them?

I was also wondering what type of pain to expect after the egg transfer procedure?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks 🙏🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone seems to react differently to the meds. I didn't feel much for about a week then it got really uncomfortable, but I had LOTS of follicles. I was also a bit moody. One of the meds gave me hot flushes.

Likewise I was very sore after egg pick up but a lot of that was likely due to the large number of eggs. I also had OHSS.

That was my experience but I know others have had much less discomfort but other side effects are also common.

Good luck and hope you have a smooth ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s great idea to freeze embryos as early as possible.

The only feeling I had was quite bloated as the follicles were bigger. Especially when I was at ultrasound, high sore sensation of my ovaries being squeezed.

I think you meant eggs retrieval. I was under sedation and local anaesthetic, the whole procedure was like a twilight. But I woke up with score 6 of 10 abdominal pain. It lasted about 3 days after the eggs collection.if I move too fast, I could feel sore in my ovaries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’ve been through two cycles. One was on a lower dose and I didn’t feel anything really during stimulation but had cramp like pains after egg pick up. Couldn’t really stand up straight for the rest of the day.

Second time I had double the dose and I felt a few tingles throughout stimulation. After egg pickup there was a little but more stabbing pains as there were more eggs collected but this time I took Panadol and that helped. I recovered from egg pickup by 1.5 days after. I would suggest taking 2 days off - day of egg pick up and the day after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowsunsets View Post
    Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have low ovarian syndrome and my husband and I are freezing embryos to use in a couple of years.

Today was day 2 of my cycle and I started my first two injections. They were Gonal F and Luveris. I start another one on Sunday.

I am just wondering with all these hormones when I will actually start to feel them?

I was also wondering what type of pain to expect after the egg transfer procedure?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks 🙏🏻

I froze embryos over 4 cycles. I wish I did it when I was younger if someone had told me it was possible earlier. If you can afford it do more than 1 cycle. Good you are on GonalF & Luveris I did it my last cycle & I wish I was on those all of my cycles.

Embryo transfer is like a pap smear & painless.

Had different side effects to STIM each time. My one on GonalF & Luveris I had brain fog 5 days before EPU due to high estrogen. As for severe bloating & cramps I had that once as I was boarderline OHSS.