+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant on the pill after laxatives??

Sooo I’ve got two kids. I’ve been a long time user of the contraceptive pill. Not thinking, I was using laxatives on and off. I’m feeling nauseas and light headed - I had my withdrawal bleed two weeks ago though....google is telling me laxatives can effect the pill. So my questions are
    1) Has this happened to you?
    2) if it did cause pregnancy, can you still have a withdrawal bleed when newly pregnant on the pill
    3) being on the pill would mean that ovulation could have occurred any time that the laxative may have caused my body to not absorb the pill....if that really is possible. So it wouldn’t necessarily have been two weeks after my “period” as it’s not a real period anyway on the pill.
    4) if you fell pregnant on the pill, how do you even calculate everything?

Thanks for reading - I’d take a test but living in vic I’m not able to dash out to the shops as freely as I once could

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Sooo I’ve got two kids. I’ve been a long time user of the contraceptive pill. Not thinking, I was using laxatives on and off. I’m feeling nauseas and light headed - I had my withdrawal bleed two weeks ago though....google is telling me laxatives can effect the pill. So my questions are
    1) Has this happened to you?
    2) if it did cause pregnancy, can you still have a withdrawal bleed when newly pregnant on the pill
    3) being on the pill would mean that ovulation could have occurred any time that the laxative may have caused my body to not absorb the pill....if that really is possible. So it wouldn’t necessarily have been two weeks after my “period” as it’s not a real period anyway on the pill.
    4) if you fell pregnant on the pill, how do you even calculate everything?

Thanks for reading - I’d take a test but living in vic I’m not able to dash out to the shops as freely as I once could
    It would depend on the type of laxative you were taking. Something gentle like coloxyl or movicol shouldn’t affect the pills absorbency I wouldn’t think. If you were taking something more fast acting like bowel prep for a colonoscopy, then yes I would expect it could affect the absorbency of the pill.