Closed Thread
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think Tas will open their borders to Qld at the end of the month. Currently negotiating with my parents to come up for Christmas and take a good few weeks so they can time it with us moving house. They’ll be far more helpful than the in-laws . I know mum is desperate to get up here though and meet DS as soon as she can.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (13-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    is anyone actually booking anything yet? is travel even allowed? i’ve been under the impression that, because it’s still all so uncertain, nobody is booking anything. or do you mean more like, you guys have decided that whatever happens (even if travel is permitted by then), you’ll stay home regardless? like you’ve made the decision just for the peace of mind and to not have to consider it down the track?
    Yep, we've decided that no matter what, we won't be going. We would have been driving up, and staying with family half the time so wouldn't really need to book much. But it's just too hard to wonder the whatifs and try to see into the future. Exhausting

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (14-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m so angry. I’ve lost any sense of understanding I might have had for people who, through lack of understanding, did the wrong thing.
    What’s going on in my area right now is the direct result of someone’s deception. We were so close to stepping into some sense of normality.
    But 12 effing days it’s potentially been here before authorities were told the truth.
    Small businesses closed, people lining up for hours to be tested to be turned away (not blaming the health system, they were overrun), and depending on the outcome of testing, our kids might be at home again before too long.
    I just hope social distancing measures and masks have done their job for the most part.
    But it shows it just takes one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
    I’m so angry. I’ve lost any sense of understanding I might have had for people who, through lack of understanding, did the wrong thing.
    What’s going on in my area right now is the direct result of someone’s deception. We were so close to stepping into some sense of normality.
    But 12 effing days it’s potentially been here before authorities were told the truth.
    Small businesses closed, people lining up for hours to be tested to be turned away (not blaming the health system, they were overrun), and depending on the outcome of testing, our kids might be at home again before too long.
    I just hope social distancing measures and masks have done their job for the most part.
    But it shows it just takes one.
    it’s so frustrating isn’t it? we were reading about it yesterday just going fuuuuuck. i hope they lay criminal charges against this ar$ehat. honestly what a c0ck.

my mother’s group (well one or two) keep bashing dan and i’m just so sick of it. it’s n out dan’s fault, it’s the bloody ar$ewipes who can’t seem to do the right thing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (15-10-2020),EnchantedGrace (15-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    it’s so frustrating isn’t it? we were reading about it yesterday just going fuuuuuck. i hope they lay criminal charges against this ar$ehat. honestly what a c0ck.

my mother’s group (well one or two) keep bashing dan and i’m just so sick of it. it’s n out dan’s fault, it’s the bloody ar$ewipes who can’t seem to do the right thing.
    Yup and I keep reading in media how he’s racked with guilt that his elderly father has now contracted it. What about everyone else? Ok so it’s in the media and designed to fuel emotions so I have to balance my reaction based on what I know of media.
    But this town is terrified.
    Testing stations were at capacity this morning by 9.30am. So people had to go home again.
    Because of one... even if he didn’t know he was infectious, he sure as hell knew he had been here and chose not to disclose. That’s the bit that I’m upset about.
    And I keep seeing people bash Dan too. The messaging was clear, but no govt can control the actions of people who choose not to do the right thing. The only control would be lock everyone up more. And I know how well that would go down!
    But even then, essentials, like trucks would still be allowed in and out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (15-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder why he didn't disclose that stop. I haven't followed, maybe that's been explained. But if he told contact tracers about other places he was at, why not this one?

This is not to excuse his omission - I don't know enough about it one way or another - but I wonder if there's more to it. For example, people can feel terrible pressure for one reason or another in work situations, even if it isn't spoken. So again, I'm not in any way excusing what he did, only curious to know why, whether it's as simple as him being blase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, just thinking about it - if he was there in a work capacity, ie driving a truck, wouldn't it have been logged for work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    But did he go through that town for work? Or was it a personal side trip? If it was for work I would have thought that contact tracers would be looking at log books.

Eta: if it had nothing to do with work, he was presumably out of the 5km zone.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 24-10-2020 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I wonder why he didn't disclose that stop. I haven't followed, maybe that's been explained. But if he told contact tracers about other places he was at, why not this one?

This is not to excuse his omission - I don't know enough about it one way or another - but I wonder if there's more to it. For example, people can feel terrible pressure for one reason or another in work situations, even if it isn't spoken. So again, I'm not in any way excusing what he did, only curious to know why, whether it's as simple as him being blase.
    My understanding is that he disclosed the kilmore stop and Benalla, but not Shepparton. Then someone in Shepparton had symptoms and was tested over the weekend and came back positive. So from there contact tracers worked with the positive case to see where they had been and who they had been around.
    Their husband has a tyre dealership, and they worked out that the guy from the chadstone outbreak who went to kilmore and Benalla had been at this dealership on the 30/09.
    So authorities went back and questioned him. That was when he disclosed he had been in Shepparton. No idea why it wasn’t disclosed in the beginning. Maybe he didn’t think he was infectious then? But he also went to non work places (Bunnings for example).
    agree you’d think there would be log books / records at his work that would specify where he was so his memory wouldn’t have to be relied on. So I don’t know what happened there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post:

Kalina (15-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
    My understanding is that he disclosed the kilmore stop and Benalla, but not Shepparton. Then someone in Shepparton had symptoms and was tested over the weekend and came back positive. So from there contact tracers worked with the positive case to see where they had been and who they had been around.
    Their husband has a tyre dealership, and they worked out that the guy from the chadstone outbreak who went to kilmore and Benalla had been at this dealership on the 30/09.
    So authorities went back and questioned him. That was when he disclosed he had been in Shepparton. No idea why it wasn’t disclosed in the beginning. Maybe he didn’t think he was infectious then? But he also went to non work places (Bunnings for example).
    agree you’d think there would be log books / records at his work that would specify where he was so his memory wouldn’t have to be relied on. So I don’t know what happened there.
    If it was for work, there'd be those records, if it was personal..... There'd be nothing 🤷‍♀️