Closed Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I didn’t add to my last post ... but yeah, some people are just bl00dy selfish!

Last lockdown we had 2 kids at school 5 days per week. The Principle found out in about the last week of remote learning that Mum is actually a nurse on a permanent weekend roster! Her view was she’s an essential services worker, therefore she’s entitled to send her kids even though she was at home. Dad was also at home, albeit working. That’s rubbish! The kids are not at school this time.
    i know people like this too. or, mum or sad work in a permitted industry, but their actual job isn’t. a friend of mine says she works in the building industry, but she’s sales, not a site worker. i think there’s a fairly large margin for error with interpretation of what constitutes a permitted worker.

the case i mentioned above isn’t even close to being permitted. unless they’re through on medical grounds or something. again, i don’t know details. but knowing the dad and his propensity to bend the rules to suit himself, it wouldn’t surprise me if his permitted worker permit was a work of fiction yes, very frustrating. dh could probably wrangle something on the basis he’s a tertiary educator but he only does one day a week sessional lecturing and doesn’t feel it’s within the spirit of what’s trying to be achieved to push it. i honestly thought more people were on board to doing the right thing. certainly they say they are when it’s discussed publicly. i guess people say what’s palatable to their friends and associates etc, yet what they really do is another story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i know people like this too. or, mum or sad work in a permitted industry, but their actual job isn’t. a friend of mine says she works in the building industry, but she’s sales, not a site worker. i think there’s a fairly large margin for error with interpretation of what constitutes a permitted worker.
    The guidelines (when they finally released them!) stated admin supporting permitted industries was also considered permitted. So that would apply here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (27-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    The guidelines (when they finally released them!) stated admin supporting permitted industries was also considered permitted. So that would apply here.
    ahhhhh good to know! i didn’t know that.

ok my friend would definitely be permitted then. the boy at kinder, not so. not based on parents activities anyway. maybe they have a medical exemption and he’s classed as vulnerable 🤷🏼‍♀️

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Stretched (27-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The impact of the new restrictions are pretty awful here. I know why they are being so tough but it is so hard seeing the suffering. People all over Australia are hurting.

I got in trouble at work yesterday for taking my mask off, I took it off because my patient was frightened. It was a low risk situation and I honestly didn’t think twice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (27-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am really struggling today. Poor ds3 has hardly seen me all day, I've just wants to be with me, but I'm helping ds1 with school, and had him at the dentist this morning... but all ds3 does when he's with me after a few seconds is try to climb on the table, steal the pen, tear the paper, swat the iPad etc...so df is keeping him in the other room and all I can hear is ds3 screaming. It's just tearing me apart inside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I am really struggling today. Poor ds3 has hardly seen me all day, I've just wants to be with me, but I'm helping ds1 with school, and had him at the dentist this morning... but all ds3 does when he's with me after a few seconds is try to climb on the table, steal the pen, tear the paper, swat the iPad etc...so df is keeping him in the other room and all I can hear is ds3 screaming. It's just tearing me apart inside
    big hugs, you’re doing an amazing job. homeschool must be so so tough. you’re such a good mum. keep venting here as much as you need to, we are all here to listen and support you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs. It’s so hard! I’m lucky that both are school age, so no one feels left out. Don’t be afraid to take some days off and just have fun.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (27-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default COVID-19 (Coronavirus) chat #4

ill also add, your ds3/my dd are at really hard ages, even for normal circumstances. they’re old enough to want to “play” and be included with the older kids and want to explore and move around, but so young still they have no safety sense or fear of injury so they’re a liability to themselves. add to that clingy, still need nappy changes and naps etc. it’s a tough age. never mind adding covid, lockdown and homeschool to the mix. go easy on yourself hun, you’re doing your best under challenging circumstances xx
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 27-08-2020 at 12:35. Reason: i don’t have a dd2 🤪🤪

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (27-08-2020),Kalina (27-08-2020)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Wise Enough View Post
    Huge hugs. It’s so hard! I’m lucky that both are school age, so no one feels left out. Don’t be afraid to take some days off and just have fun.
    I second this ^^^

I feel like ds has had more days off schooling than not this term but I'm totally burnt out from lockdown so we're just taking it one day at a time at the moment.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Kalina (27-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks ladies. I know I need to relax a bit. We took most of last Thursday off, and didn't do PE a few days, but have done mostly everything else. I just hate not doing it. I was always one to come home at night, do my homework, then do whatever I wanted. Even if it took me 3 hours to knock it all over in a night (highschool), I hate having unfinished tasks online for ds1, but i also need to remind myself, it's ds1: not me. He's been a champ really.

Ds3, oh TC you hit the nail on the head there... I found him on the top bunk today 😭

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (27-08-2020),babyno1onboard (27-08-2020)