+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To give you a bit of an idea of the huge parts of the countryside that are locked down under metro restrictions, I've made this very dodgy map. I tried to draw the red line approx 5km from the closest 'suburban'/densely populated area (eg. Belgrave, Lilydale, Pakenham, Clyde), so the red line is already in what any layperson would call "the country", but those within that line are able to travel to urban areas. I haven't done the mornington pensinsula as their urban/rural is quite different - lots of 5acre type hobby farms, bigger towns, but some of their back areas would fall into similar circustances in terms of lack of facilities.

So I've mainly looked at Yarra Ranges and Cardinia shires - everything to the right of the red line is unarguably "country" - rural zoned, etc etc. Also of note is the fact that the East on the whole has had much lower case numbers throughout.

I know nothing is going to change, but it does get me down.

Edit to add: the purple lines are the shires and the red line goes through Yarra Ranges, Cardinia and Casey - all metro.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Stretched; 28-09-2020 at 12:09.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (28-09-2020)