+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long down reg cycle - thoughts & experiences

Hi

I am about to try something new - a long down reg cycle. I have done 4 short cycles.

Yet to collect my medications, this cycle is new to me.

Thoughts on how it went, did you get over the meds, side effects & outcomes?

I am open to a different protocol as its been 2 years of the same with no success.

Thank you,
    WD x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I switched to long down after 3 cancelled short protocol cycles.

Did decapeptyl injections from day 21, then added in gonal f from day 1 and luveris from around day 5. Did 2 long down.

Short protocol I was non-responsive to stims, had no follicles. Would end up stimming for 20 days before cycle would be cancelled with no egg retrieval.

Both times on the long down I got 3 eggs and 2 5 day embryos. One of those embryos is now 5 weeks old and sitting in my lap

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pcos30 For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (26-07-2020),WintersDay (24-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcos30 View Post
    I switched to long down after 3 cancelled short protocol cycles.

Did decapeptyl injections from day 21, then added in gonal f from day 1 and luveris from around day 5. Did 2 long down.

Short protocol I was non-responsive to stims, had no follicles. Would end up stimming for 20 days before cycle would be cancelled with no egg retrieval.

Both times on the long down I got 3 eggs and 2 5 day embryos. One of those embryos is now 5 weeks old and sitting in my lap
    Thank you so much this makes me feel hopeful.

I get eggs but my eggs grow at varying stages and my STIM is always needing to be increased or decreased but it never changed the outcome as the dose changes clearly affect the quality. Some eggs matured too quickly and some left immature.

So trying this to get an even result and better overall quality.

Never done the drugs before except the FSH, trigger & likely support.

Am excited though.

Congrats on your little bubby xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two "normal" full cycles, I got around 11 eggs each time but only 3 viable embryos in total and 3 BFNs.

My first long down cycle resulted in 16eggs, 11 fertilised, 1 embryo and a bossy 2.5 year old! The proctol I was on post transfer was pretty full on as well.

Just finished my 2nd long down cycle to only produce 6 eggs and no usable embryos :-( I think these results are more due to my age and stress then the actual process.

The long reg is hard but definitely worth a go in my experience.
    Last edited by givemewaffles; 08-09-2020 at 06:21.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to givemewaffles For This Useful Post:

WintersDay (22-09-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by givemewaffles View Post
    I had two "normal" full cycles, I got around 11 eggs each time but only 3 viable embryos in total and 3 BFNs.

My first long down cycle resulted in 16eggs, 11 fertilised, 1 embryo and a bossy 2.5 year old! The proctol I was on post transfer was pretty full on as well.

Just finished my 2nd long down cycle to only produce 6 eggs and no usable embryos :-( I think these results are more due to my age and stress then the actual process.

The long reg is hard but definitely worth a go in my experience.

Thank you. Currently in the 2WW of my 1st LDR. 2 5 days blasts but they only used 1 discarded the other as it was a C which I am mad about as they could of transferred both together.

See what happens in 2 weeks.