+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0

    Default Thoughts on fresh transfers - success or not?

    Hi

    When I started my IVF journey my first cycle was fresh. I then did 2 more fresh BFN. 2 x FET 1 of which was chemical.

    I then had 2 people tell me fresh transfers are seldom successful.

    My upcoming cycle will be fresh unless I pretend to be sick, cancel the transfer & do an FET the next cycle.

    What are your thoughts on fresh transfer success?

    Thanks
    WD x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,477
    Thanks
    4,847
    Thanked
    8,115
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both DD and DS were fresh transfers. Out of 30+ eggs collected over 4 cycles, I only ever had one embryo make it to freezer. That FET ended in a chemical pregnancy.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

    WintersDay (22-07-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Both DD and DS were fresh transfers. Out of 30+ eggs collected over 4 cycles, I only ever had one embryo make it to freezer. That FET ended in a chemical pregnancy.
    Thank you!

    Peoples own experiences can lead the mind various ways.

    I always had negative thoughts about fresh transfers due to 2 ivf-ers saying they seldom implant.

    X

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,617
    Thanks
    877
    Thanked
    2,073
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had no option of fresh transfers as I developed OHSS. My first frozen was fully hatched which was not successful. My next two transfers (hatching and blast) were DD1 and DD2. From memory I think my clinic said there is a slightly higher success rate with frozen but it was only marginal. Hormone levels are lower if you do a FET.
    Good luck!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

    WintersDay (22-07-2020)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    I had no option of fresh transfers as I developed OHSS. My first frozen was fully hatched which was not successful. My next two transfers (hatching and blast) were DD1 and DD2. From memory I think my clinic said there is a slightly higher success rate with frozen but it was only marginal. Good luck!
    Thanks so much!

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0
    Personally I have had implantation (then chemical or miscarriage due to genetic issues) for every fresh cycle (4) but both my FETs did not.
    So my experience was the opposite to most it seems... My body has not seemed to have responded to the FET protocols as well at all, with far thinner uterine lining.
    We also have had few embryos make it to freeze/thaw stage, so in cycles where we've had one make it to day 5 we have taken the bet and done the fresh transfer.

    Best of luck whatever you decide.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn0312 For This Useful Post:

    WintersDay (22-07-2020)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn0312 View Post
    Personally I have had implantation (then chemical or miscarriage due to genetic issues) for every fresh cycle (4) but both my FETs did not.
    So my experience was the opposite to most it seems... My body has not seemed to have responded to the FET protocols as well at all, with far thinner uterine lining.
    We also have had few embryos make it to freeze/thaw stage, so in cycles where we've had one make it to day 5 we have taken the bet and done the fresh transfer.

    Best of luck whatever you decide.
    Thank you.

    May I ask if it is not prying what do you mean by genetic issues?

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks
    7,492
    Thanked
    5,117
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first fresh was a chemical, my only frozen was a BFN and my second fresh resulted in DS who is 5 weeks.

    My FS and I think that my body responds better to fresh than frozen because it’s more “natural” than the protocol used for FETs. If we ever transfer our ice baby I’ll be asking to do it as a low dose stim cycle not a medicated FET using estrogen tablets.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pcos30 For This Useful Post:

    WintersDay (22-07-2020)

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcos30 View Post
    My first fresh was a chemical, my only frozen was a BFN and my second fresh resulted in DS who is 5 weeks.

    My FS and I think that my body responds better to fresh than frozen because it’s more “natural” than the protocol used for FETs. If we ever transfer our ice baby I’ll be asking to do it as a low dose stim cycle not a medicated FET using estrogen tablets.
    Thank you.

    Looks like many Women have good chances with fresh as well as frozen

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks
    1,345
    Thanked
    1,529
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did IVF 12 years ago (feels like it was yesterday still).

    I got 14 eggs at pick up which resulted in 9 embryos.

    My first fresh transfer resulted in DD1.

    My first frozen transfer was a chemical pregnancy.

    My second frozen transfer resulted in a miscarriage.

    My third frozen transfer resulted in DD2.

    Not sure if it helps but just wanted to let you know that I had success from a fresh and frozen transfer from the same batch of eggs.

    I wish you all the best 😘.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

    WintersDay (22-07-2020)


 

Similar Threads

  1. FET after successful Fresh transfer
    By Motherwillbe in forum IVF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-03-2014, 19:25
  2. I thought I was but I guess not :hair:
    By Lozza84 in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 21:00
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 20:08
  4. Low Sperm Count - success or not?
    By swedeendie in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 07:27
  5. Low sperm count - success or not?
    By swedeendie in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 12:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
TPS Health PhysiotherapyTPS Health has four clinics located at Morningside, Cleveland, Victoria Point and Lutwyche. We offer pre/post natal ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
School gate politicsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Oct/Nov/Dec 2020 TTC ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Can you cease daycare?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Grunting a lotNewborns (0 - 2 months)
Trigger warning***Terminations
Freedom MidStream Pregnancy TestPregnancy & Birth General Chat
Other optionsEgg Donation

ADVERTISEMENT