+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    4,665
    Thanked
    7,866
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    DH had it and I remember my MIL saying how the vomiting was extremely forceful, she had towels everywhere across the couch, bed etc. His was corrected with surgery as an infant.
    Yeah it’s hard to gauge how projectile the vomit would be as he’s generally in my arms and vomits directly into the towel. I use cloth nappies as vomit towels and we went through 3-4 towels and 1-2 face-washers per feed overnight last night. I actually put a load of washing on at 3am as I was worried I’d run out of towels.

    When I finally got him into his co sleeper bassinet this morning, there was enough force from his vomit fir DH and I to hear it splash on the towel.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    633
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked
    353
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Yeah it’s hard to gauge how projectile the vomit would be as he’s generally in my arms and vomits directly into the towel. I use cloth nappies as vomit towels and we went through 3-4 towels and 1-2 face-washers per feed overnight last night. I actually put a load of washing on at 3am as I was worried I’d run out of towels.

    When I finally got him into his co sleeper bassinet this morning, there was enough force from his vomit fir DH and I to hear it splash on the towel.
    Hmm I’d prob take him in just to rule it out. As you know young babies have such a low threshold and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with being cautious. Sometime being medical makes us under react

    Without down playing it though, this would have been totally normal for my bub at this age. I used to feed him and then hold him outside over the garden- that’s how much he vomited. He had such bad reflux he vomited blood 3 times. About this age also he went from pooing multiple times a day to once every 3 weeks. It was so horrid! We used to encourage a poo once a week to make him more comfy as he used to squirm and grunt and be grumpy until he’d gone...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

    MLadyEm (11-07-2020)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    4,665
    Thanked
    7,866
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Excited1 View Post
    Hmm I’d prob take him in just to rule it out. As you know young babies have such a low threshold and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with being cautious. Sometime being medical makes us under react

    Without down playing it though, this would have been totally normal for my bub at this age. I used to feed him and then hold him outside over the garden- that’s how much he vomited. He had such bad reflux he vomited blood 3 times. About this age also he went from pooing multiple times a day to once every 3 weeks. It was so horrid! We used to encourage a poo once a week to make him more comfy as he used to squirm and grunt and be grumpy until he’d gone...
    Yeah I can’t remember what DD was like at this age, but I was definitely assuming it was normal. I’m going to have kids where people go “is your mum a nurse?” They say “yes” and the response is “ahh, that makes sense” .

    I only really messaged my child health nurse for reassurance as it was the not pooing bit that was worrying me. DS already grunts like a mating koala when he’s trying to shift his wind/poo, so I wasn’t keen on that getting any worse!!!

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    4,665
    Thanked
    7,866
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’m even less inclined to think it’s pyloric stenosis after last night. While we still had an unsettled night that ended with me cuddling DS on the couch from 3am, the amount of vomit he was producing was nowhere near as much as the previous nights. I might still take him to the GP tomorrow just for reassurance sake, but more so because he is still so obviously uncomfortable with his inability to poo. Thankfully he is farting a lot more now, so hopefully the poo follows before too long!

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,817
    Thanks
    749
    Thanked
    3,279
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I’m even less inclined to think it’s pyloric stenosis after last night. While we still had an unsettled night that ended with me cuddling DS on the couch from 3am, the amount of vomit he was producing was nowhere near as much as the previous nights. I might still take him to the GP tomorrow just for reassurance sake, but more so because he is still so obviously uncomfortable with his inability to poo. Thankfully he is farting a lot more now, so hopefully the poo follows before too long!
    You may need to give him a suppository / enema to help him poop. We had to do this for DS when he was constipated at 7 weeks

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,014
    Thanks
    4,782
    Thanked
    4,294
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I’m even less inclined to think it’s pyloric stenosis after last night. While we still had an unsettled night that ended with me cuddling DS on the couch from 3am, the amount of vomit he was producing was nowhere near as much as the previous nights. I might still take him to the GP tomorrow just for reassurance sake, but more so because he is still so obviously uncomfortable with his inability to poo. Thankfully he is farting a lot more now, so hopefully the poo follows before too long!
    Try not to worry about the lack of pooing (easier said than done I know). It can be normal for a breastfed baby to go for long periods of time with not pooing. Something to do with breastmilk being so well absorbed by the gut and very little wasted. As far as I know true constipation in breastfed babies is very uncommon.

    Someone I knew at playgroup when mine were babies had a baby that didn't poo for well over a week. Took her to the doctor, cue massive poonami all over said doctor.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    4,665
    Thanked
    7,866
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Try not to worry about the lack of pooing (easier said than done I know). It can be normal for a breastfed baby to go for long periods of time with not pooing. Something to do with breastmilk being so well absorbed by the gut and very little wasted. As far as I know true constipation in breastfed babies is very uncommon.

    Someone I knew at playgroup when mine were babies had a baby that didn't poo for well over a week. Took her to the doctor, cue massive poonami all over said doctor.
    True. I tell parents that all the time. I just never expected a baby to go from almost every nappy to nothing for 3 days. As it is, DS is in my arms after a feed and he is grunting and bearing down so much. Poor little bugger. I think I’ll still take him to GP tomorrow for reassurance. I think I’m more on edge with DS because he was a prem. I never worried this much with DD.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    633
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked
    353
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    True. I tell parents that all the time. I just never expected a baby to go from almost every nappy to nothing for 3 days. As it is, DS is in my arms after a feed and he is grunting and bearing down so much. Poor little bugger. I think I’ll still take him to GP tomorrow for reassurance. I think I’m more on edge with DS because he was a prem. I never worried this much with DD.
    Yep this was my son also. Overnight became this grunting pooless but farting grump. We gave him til 7-10 days depending on grumpiness before he got the glycerol supp. It literally was all about the stimulation- put it in and 30secs later... massive (7-10 days worth ) poonami. Used to do it just before a bath! It lasted til he was established on solids so til about 7mths. He was prem also almost as much as your bub and I was and still am a massive worry wart regarding him. It also doesn’t matter what you spend your day job doing, sometimes you need someone else to tell you what to do when you’re in the moment

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

    MLadyEm (13-07-2020)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Pyloric Stenosis.
    By Ahalfdozen in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2018, 22:53
  2. Pyloric Spasms & reflux experience
    By Milliner in forum Colic Reflux Wind
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-01-2008, 21:27
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 22:01
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 16:44
  5. Meatal Stenosis and Penile Adhesions
    By MotherNurture in forum Circumcision
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 00:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Awesome August TTC 2020Conception & Fertility General Chat
I am...#22General Chat
Luteal Phase DefectConception & Fertility General Chat
Triggering post - miscarriageGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
??Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Questions!!!Conception & Fertility General Chat
Pregnant on the pill after laxatives??Conception & Fertility General Chat

ADVERTISEMENT