+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melatonin

Hi all
    I’m not a good sleeper and have ceased taking hard things for sleep but saw that Melatonin has been recommended on this forum for TTC.
    I’ve had it before and by prescription it’s really expensive (around $35 for 30 2mg tabs). I got a script and he only gave me one repeat and to get 5mg I’ve been taking 2 so not even 4mg and $70 a month!
    I saw you can but online without a script and it’s like $15 for 60 or 90 5mg tabs!!!!!!!wt
    I’ve done a bit of research and seems melatonin is prescription only in Australia but you can buy online without a script and it’s available in health food stores.
    Can anyone shed any light on the difference between the script and online melatonin? Is it the same?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I used to use the melatonin on script but I stopped because it was so expensive, I now use the 10mg from piping rock and take one tablet most nights, it’s great, if I do wake up I can usually get back to sleep and it’s reasonably priced too, I just ordered some today, on special 2 for the price of one, so $14 ish for two bottles.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Jobaby1 (08-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Prescription melatonin is much stronger than herbal melatonin, often whats available without a script is herbal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You can buy melatonin online from iherb

https://au.iherb.com/pr/21st-Century...-Tablets/52436

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Jobaby1 (09-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Prescription melatonin is much stronger than herbal melatonin, often whats available without a script is herbal
    I wondered about that but it says 5mg or 10mg and the prescription stuff is only 2mg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You can buy melatonin online from iherb

https://au.iherb.com/pr/21st-Century...-Tablets/52436
    Thanks for this. I bought it but looks like it will take a while to arrive. I asked in the chemist and the chemists only sell one that doesn’t specify how many mg it is so I asked the pharmacist and he said the herbal stuff isn’t as strong as the circadin prescription stuff but I told him it’s possible to buy it online for $15 for 90 tabs of 10mg and he raised his eyebrows and said well that does seem better. Seems someone found a gap in the market !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took prescription melatonine (the expensive kind, like $90, high dose) and it totally messed with my cycle. I stopped ovulating completely so I decided to quit and instead started on Chinese Medicine and fertility acupuncture which helped in fixing my cycle and my sleeping pattern.