+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A cutlery drawer is a must.

With a $2k budget I would look at Miele - having said that I have no idea what their current dishwasher prices are.

I have a Bosch with a cutlery drawer that I bought in about 2013? I think. Mine has been fantastic. Hasn't missed a beat and gets a good workout every day. I recommended the Bosch two months ago in this thread, however I've recently seen a lot of complaints in a facebook group I'm in about newer models, so it makes me wonder if they aren't as good as they used to be. The FB recommendation was go for the Made in Germany Series 8 models. Apparently the Series 6 isn't that great, even the Made in Germany version.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 26-07-2020 at 09:35.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (26-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies. I never trust the opinions of the people at Harvey Norman or good guys - so recommendations aren’t a must

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just popped in to say anything Technika is rubbish, like you know now it’s the cheap, crap but fancy looking brand that bulk home builders use.

I have a smeg one now and it’s fine, nothing amazing though.

The best dishwasher I’ve had was a cheap LG one. It’s still going strong in a rental after 11 years (touch wood).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got an electrolux, it's about 15yrs old and not skipped a beat. I think it was a cheaper one (around the $800 Mark?)

We use it daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times if I'm alone myself with the kids and doing a lot of cooking for whatever reason.

It's rusting on the bottom of the exterior of the door. And sometimes you've got to wipe things down BUT we only use the eco/fast 30min cycle 🤷‍♀️ I just put a small amount of water in the sink and rinse/loosen the crap off and pop them in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours crapped itself right when DS was born. We bought an LG. So far, so good. It doesn’t have a cutlery drawer but that’s not been an issue for us. The standard run time is 3hrs, but like you LAB, we normally run it overnight. When I have needed to run it during the day/afternoon, I’ll run the turbo mode as it’s only 1-1.5hrs. That way I can empty it and reload it with dinner dishes. It has a direct drive motor with a 10yr warranty (same as our washing machine). I wasn’t part of the decision making process as I was in hospital, but DH was happy enough. Can’t speak for longevity, but it’s lasted 8-9 weeks without any issues For memory it was around $700-800.

Thanks
    Reviews
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/blanco-6...asher_p5104061

I’ve got a model earlier to this one. I bought everything as a package when I redid the kitchen in 2009. Can fault the machine but the stainless use is utter crap and has rust spots all over it and along the joins inside despite it being looked after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Just popped in to say anything Technika is rubbish, like you know now it’s the cheap, crap but fancy looking brand that bulk home builders use.

I have a smeg one now and it’s fine, nothing amazing though.

The best dishwasher I’ve had was a cheap LG one. It’s still going strong in a rental after 11 years (touch wood).
    Yup absolutely. It was in the display when I bought it. I always assumed I’d have to replace dishwasher sooner rather than later. So far the oven and induction cooktop seem fine but no doubt they won’t be long lasting either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
    Yup absolutely. It was in the display when I bought it. I always assumed I’d have to replace dishwasher sooner rather than later. So far the oven and induction cooktop seem fine but no doubt they won’t be long lasting either.
    If they’re builders spec, it won’t be long we bought our place brand new (townhouse new build) and in 8 years we’ve had to replace the rangehood (3 times), oven, dishwasher (twice - our first replacement was a 2nd hand off a friend right when our initial one died). The oven was the longest lasting - it lasted 5 years. Everything else crapped itself before then.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    A cutlery drawer is a must.

With a $2k budget I would look at Miele - having said that I have no idea what their current dishwasher prices are.

I have a Bosch with a cutlery drawer that I bought in about 2013? I think. Mine has been fantastic. Hasn't missed a beat and gets a good workout every day. I recommended the Bosch two months ago in this thread, however I've recently seen a lot of complaints in a facebook group I'm in about newer models, so it makes me wonder if they aren't as good as they used to be. The FB recommendation was go for the Made in Germany Series 8 models. Apparently the Series 6 isn't that great, even the Made in Germany version.
    Yep, we bought the Series 6 German made one three years ago and just this weeks it's stuffed up. Think its pump/motor so not sure yet how much it'll cost to fix. We made sure we got the German made over the Turkish made one and paid more to get a Bosch in the first place. Saying that we had a Bosch washing machine that packed up just out of warranty so don't think we'll be buying Bosch again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a Bosch (German made). It lasted about 5years. It was good but the cost to repair was too much. The repair guy also said they're not as good as they used to be.

I replaced it with a AEG. It's great so far. Very quiet also.