+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
    And new dishwasher is dead! Absolutely dead. Have to wait for tech to come over on Tuesday. Hoping they just swap it for a new one
    It won't turn on at all, or it did work initially and now won't turn on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    It won't turn on at all, or it did work initially and now won't turn on?
    When I first installed it the power button seemed a bit off. It wouldn’t turn on but I pushed it on and off a few times and it worked.
    I ran a cycle empty to start with. It seemed fine.
    Then I filled it with dishes and ran it and it was fine until it stopped 2/3 of the way through and it wouldn’t turn on or off at all. Drained the water out. No power.
    My mate is a sparky and he came over and tested the PowerPoint - fine. But no power to the unit itself.
    I rang AEG. They told me to call the service technician. I did and he’s coming Tuesday but he said it sounded like it was “DOA” and he would come out and have a look but he was pretty sure that it was a dodgy unit.
    I hope they organise things quickly with a replacement. I don’t really want a repair upfront since it was used once. But will have to wait and see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
    And new dishwasher arrived.
    And it doesn’t seem to fit
    It sticks out too far and doesn’t sit flush. Going to get a professional something to come over and see if I’ve done something wrong. Or maybe the hose is in the way. Either way, it looks ridiculous
    Fingers crossed it’s just me.
    Both my recent dishwashers have required a 'low' hose hole. Through the cabinet wall at kicker height then up through the bottom of the sink cabinet, rather than straight through the side wall. Otherwise the hose stops the dishwasher from going all the way back.

My current AEG isn't the built in model so it still sticks out a bit - more than the Bosch I had previously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PossumVic For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (18-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dishwasher Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by PossumVic View Post
    Both my recent dishwashers have required a 'low' hose hole. Through the cabinet wall at kicker height then up through the bottom of the sink cabinet, rather than straight through the side wall. Otherwise the hose stops the dishwasher from going all the way back.

My current AEG isn't the built in model so it still sticks out a bit - more than the Bosch I had previously.
    Mine has two hoses and the cabinetry has two holes - one high and one low.
    Dishwasher repair man is coming today so I’ll suss him out on that and make sure I had everything where it needed to be.

ETA: dishwasher guy said it was the board. He’s taken it away. A new one is coming and will be delivered and installed. Can’t ask for better.
    Last edited by Mod-LIKE A BOSS; 18-08-2020 at 12:21.