+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can’t recommend Bosch when it comes to dishwashers unfortunately. We bought a Bosch because we liked the size of the inside and how quiet they run and it wasn’t a cheap one (over $1000).

But gah,... after having it for a few years it continually would send up an error code and stop running through a cycle. Because it wasn’t a cheapie we thought we’d get a dishwasher mechanic to look at it and he said it ‘was fine’. The plumbing was fine etc.
    But nope, the error continued as did the stopping through the wash.

After doing some googling, it appears it was a common thing for Bosch dishwashers. Completely over it, I put it out on the Council hard rubbish pick-up ☹️and it was snapped up in a nano second.

We now how a normal, reasonably priced (under $1000) Fisher & Paykel Nautilus, it’s smaller inside, not as quiet or fancy as the Bosch was, but it works!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (04-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have also had a Bosch (German made) that I didn’t love. Started dying about a month out of warranty, then limped on with an error code coming up every wash until it finally died for good. We replaced it with a Miele which has been amazing (but likely wasn’t less than $1K). Whatever you get, if you can get a cutlery drawer it is well worth it.
    We looked at Miele seconds- which I believe are dishwashers that have just been on display in stores, but usually never used, which you might get <$1K

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (04-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wonder if Bosch have faulty sensors? We had a Bosch vacuum that was dreadful. The (faulty) sensor kept putting it in limp mode. It died right at the end of the manufacturers warranty.. but we'd taken out extra with HN so replaced it with a miele

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I can’t recommend Bosch when it comes to dishwashers unfortunately. We bought a Bosch because we liked the size of the inside and how quiet they run and it wasn’t a cheap one (over $1000).

But gah,... after having it for a few years it continually would send up an error code and stop running through a cycle. Because it wasn’t a cheapie we thought we’d get a dishwasher mechanic to look at it and he said it ‘was fine’. The plumbing was fine etc.
    But nope, the error continued as did the stopping through the wash.

After doing some googling, it appears it was a common thing for Bosch dishwashers. Completely over it, I put it out on the Council hard rubbish pick-up ☹️and it was snapped up in a nano second.

We now how a normal, reasonably priced (under $1000) Fisher & Paykel Nautilus, it’s smaller inside, not as quiet or fancy as the Bosch was, but it works!!
    How do you find the layout? Quite a few reviews for Fisher and Paykel complain about the poor internal design.

This is a lot harder than I expected. At the price range I am looking, all models seem to have mixed reviews. I’m about to go and check out the stores for an actual look.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out the dishwasher I am replacing is built- in. I should have known that as I lived there myself for years lol. I just assumed it was a free standing shoved in to the space

Changes the options a bit and drives the price up. I was given the hard sell on an Asko for $1199 on special. But the only reviews I can find aren’t great. Thought this was meant to be a good brand?

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/asko...ess-steel.html

Can I just shove a freestanding one in? Does anyone ever do that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maddysmama View Post
    I just found out the dishwasher I am replacing is built- in. I should have known that as I lived there myself for years lol. I just assumed it was a free standing shoved in to the space

Changes the options a bit and drives the price up. I was given the hard sell on an Asko for $1199 on special. But the only reviews I can find aren’t great. Thought this was meant to be a good brand?

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/asko...ess-steel.html

Can I just shove a freestanding one in? Does anyone ever do that?
    Yes. That's what I did. Doesn't look quite as nice. Just check the height. Some have a removable top.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PossumVic For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (09-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddysmama View Post
    How do you find the layout? Quite a few reviews for Fisher and Paykel complain about the poor internal design.

This is a lot harder than I expected. At the price range I am looking, all models seem to have mixed reviews. I’m about to go and check out the stores for an actual look.

Thanks everyone for your input!
    The layout would definitely be our biggest bugbear if I’m honest. It’s not a very practical design at all, doesn’t fit things in as well as it could.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (09-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In my old place I had an asko that we bought new, we where only there for 2 years after but the dishwasher worked great, not sure how it is in the long run as the reviews are mixed.
    I bought a Bosch 5 weeks ago which still hasn’t been delivered but worried now that I’ve read they aren’t that great. It’s a series 6 so middle of the range I think it was $1200.
    On a side note don’t order anything online in the current Covid situation, go to your local appliance store and see what they actually have in stock. If they can’t deliver to me this week I’m going to cancel and just go pick an asko one up from bing lee.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (21-05-2020)