+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dishwasher Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good dishwasher that is under $1000?

It is for a rental, however I have very good tenants and I don’t want cheap crap. Something mid range that works well. I personally prefer to hand wash and have no idea, so looking for personal recommendations please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The LG one in my rental has been going great for 10+ years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Look this is over your budget, but I would highly recommend the made in Germany Bosch dishwashers. This model in particular - https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...nch-dishwasher I have had a similar model in my house for a good 7? 8? years and have never had an issue with it. It is also very quiet when it is running and is a good quality machine. The only downside is the cycle is long, BUT it washes dishes very well and you could count on one hand the number times I have had things come out dirty. I also really love the cutlery drawer.

If you want to stay under $1000 do not get a Westinghouse. We got one at work and it is terrible. The internal layout is awful and it is very cheaply made.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 03-05-2020 at 08:34.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a Teco brand one (not a well known brand) can’t remember how much it was but it was definitely under $1000. Been going strong for 5+ years without an issue

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been looking for a while and when we upgrade our current Electrolux (15 yrs old, still works well but it's starting to get rust), I think I'll try a bosh.

I'm wanting to upgrade it sooner than later as the one prior to that (forget brand), we put it on before bed one night, and were delayed for a bit. Thankfully... heard a weird noise, look over and there were flames coming out from underneath

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our last 2 dishwashers have been Meile so way out of budget so no recommendation there.

Our old dishwasher had a cutlery shelf not basket and it was amazing. Our new one doesn’t and I hate having a basket again, it takes up so much space and things don’t come out as clean. Plenty of brands have them so have a look.

Adjustments.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a westinghouse and, while it is whisper quiet (the water draining is louder than the washer running) we've had issues with the front control panel. 1st was under warranty and the panel got replaced. But it started playing up again after another 3 years. You have to turn it on and off a few times before it lights up sometimes. In the last couple of years it has started stopping at a centre point and you need to switch it off and on again for it to continue the cycle.

Such a shame, as it washes so well too. But definitely don't recommend for a rental.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My parents bought a new LG ~2 years ago, its been constant trouble for them, the pump has needed to be replaced twice, the racks started rusting at a year old, like the powder coating round the metal deteriorated to expose the metal hence rust.
    They still have it now, the racks are rusting again, they are looking elsewhere this time, Bosch seems the most likely candidate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One rental we were in had a dishlex that was brand new... it was HORRID! Constant problems wouldn’t drain etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both myself and my SIL had the same German made Bosch. They were great for around 5yrs then failed. The repair man said they're not as good as they used to be. I have replaced mine with an AEG about 6 months ago. It's great so far - better than the Bosch even.

My parents have tried the Aldi ones in their rentals. Not good. I can't remember the brand they have now but I think it came from Bunnings?

They've also had an LG in their own home which was ok but died after only a couple of years.
    Last edited by PossumVic; 03-05-2020 at 23:29.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PossumVic For This Useful Post:

maddysmama (04-05-2020)