+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @amiracle4me that's really wonderful news.
    My clinic told me they didn't think i needed to which is obviously irritating. I've had a million blood tests already so i'm not sure how that would help. the dr kept gently reminding me that it's a 25% chance at my age (36) every time i have a chemical i feel like i'm wasting a month.
    I might push a little harder. Do you mind if i ask what they found in your hysteroscopy?

I'm getting a little sick of the 'the good thing with a chemical is that it did take' line. I'm on a hat-trick now so that's not really cutting it for me anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyO how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF - May/June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by suesue View Post
    Congrats @amiracle4me that's really wonderful news.
    My clinic told me they didn't think i needed to which is obviously irritating. I've had a million blood tests already so i'm not sure how that would help. the dr kept gently reminding me that it's a 25% chance at my age (36) every time i have a chemical i feel like i'm wasting a month.
    I might push a little harder. Do you mind if i ask what they found in your hysteroscopy?

I'm getting a little sick of the 'the good thing with a chemical is that it did take' line. I'm on a hat-trick now so that's not really cutting it for me anymore.
    How annoying! I’ve read so many articles that say a hysteroscopy should be pretty much a standard before doing IVF as it rules out any issues internally before putting embies in.

I had my DD first go with ICSI but when i went back for #2 I had two chemicals in a row. I also had a very thick lining ( 15-17mm ) so the embryologist wanted to rule out any precancerous cells before doing any more FET’s. I had it done and they found nothing but it gave me peace of mind and also a leg to stand on when my lining was 17mm and they wanted to cancel my cycle due to it being too think. I campaigned to have a punt and here I am 29 weeks pregnant.

There’s also a lot of research to suggest that when they take the biopsies in the hysteroscopy it stimulates that area to regenerate which helps implantation straight after in the next 3 cycles. So basically doing it would rule out any issues and may aid implantation. It’s done under general in day surgery and even tho I was concerned about it I’m glad I did. You don’t want to keep putting embies in if there’s a problem with the ‘oven’.

May I ask how many chems you’ve had?

If you feel strongly enough you can get a hysteroscopy done on the side privately. It’s like a pink slip for your insides lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyO how are you going?
    Just waiting for tomorrow to POAS. Not holding a lot of hope though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    How annoying! I’ve read so many articles that say a hysteroscopy should be pretty much a standard before doing IVF as it rules out any issues internally before putting embies in.

I had my DD first go with ICSI but when i went back for #2 I had two chemicals in a row. I also had a very thick lining ( 15-17mm ) so the embryologist wanted to rule out any precancerous cells before doing any more FET’s. I had it done and they found nothing but it gave me peace of mind and also a leg to stand on when my lining was 17mm and they wanted to cancel my cycle due to it being too think. I campaigned to have a punt and here I am 29 weeks pregnant.

There’s also a lot of research to suggest that when they take the biopsies in the hysteroscopy it stimulates that area to regenerate which helps implantation straight after in the next 3 cycles. So basically doing it would rule out any issues and may aid implantation. It’s done under general in day surgery and even tho I was concerned about it I’m glad I did. You don’t want to keep putting embies in if there’s a problem with the ‘oven’.

May I ask how many chems you’ve had?

If you feel strongly enough you can get a hysteroscopy done on the side privately. It’s like a pink slip for your insides lol.

I've had 3 chems. 2 in a row and 1 a few months later but i didn't do any cycles in between so really, that's 3 in a row, My doctor just briefly mentioned a hysteroscopy but said that my scans (pre IVF with a women's imaging clinic) were very detailed and he didn't think there was a need. I'm a pretty over it and i'm extra annoyed i've still got HCG in my system so i can't go back for another round this month. As you can tell i have no patience haha my husband keeps saying "what's a month" and i want to punch him

@BabyO fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you. If you're up to it, let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 chems. 2 in a row and 1 a few months later but i didn't do any cycles in between so really, that's 3 in a row, My doctor just briefly mentioned a hysteroscopy but said that my scans (pre IVF with a women's imaging clinic) were very detailed and he didn't think there was a need. I'm a pretty over it and i'm extra annoyed i've still got HCG in my system so i can't go back for another round this month. As you can tell i have no patience haha my husband keeps saying "what's a month" and i want to punch him

@BabyO fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you. If you're up to it, let us know how you go.
    Wow. Yes that’s a lot to process mentally and emotionally. I’m sorry Hun. Xx

If an embie isn’t hanging on there are only three main reasons right? Poor embie quality, something up internally or autoimmune/killer cells issues. That’s my crude analysis anyways! If it was me I’d be other considering PGS and/or doing a hysteroscopy. I’d also be wanting to rule out NK cells before doing any more transfers. There’s only so many chems you can have before someone has to start asking questions right?
    How thick is your lining usually?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update from me...today is CD3 and I got the call to start injections again this morning! So here we go on this roller coaster again!! I REALLY hope this is the one 🤞🏽

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (30-05-2020),amiracle4me (28-05-2020),BabyO (28-05-2020),Dash of hope (29-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN
    So I guess that's that, after 11 years TTC you have to call it at some point right?

The thing is even in the darkest moments of this journey I always believed with every fiber of my being that we would have a baby, I never imagined getting to the end without one.
    I've been so calm this cycle, not sure if I've finally resigned myself or if I'm in shock. I shed a solitary tear but other than that I don't know that I feel anything right now, just numb.
    Thanks Ladies for all of your support, I don't know how I would have gotten through this without you

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyO For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (30-05-2020),gypsychild (30-05-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyO View Post
    BFN
    So I guess that's that, after 11 years TTC you have to call it at some point right?

The thing is even in the darkest moments of this journey I always believed with every fiber of my being that we would have a baby, I never imagined getting to the end without one.
    I've been so calm this cycle, not sure if I've finally resigned myself or if I'm in shock. I shed a solitary tear but other than that I don't know that I feel anything right now, just numb.
    Thanks Ladies for all of your support, I don't know how I would have gotten through this without you
    Oh Hun. I’m so sorry to read this. Sending you massive virtual hugs ❤️ All this TTC can be so hard, whether it’s three cycles or ten. I’m really in awe of people that can just have s*x and make a baby. Seems so far fetched when so many struggle.

You don’t need me to tell you that there are still options out there available to you when you’re ready. And there will be a whole bunch of ladies here waiting to help you along at the time. Thinking of you Xxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

BabyO (29-05-2020),gypsychild (30-05-2020)