+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 109 of 109
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Congrats @amiracle4me that's really wonderful news.
    My clinic told me they didn't think i needed to which is obviously irritating. I've had a million blood tests already so i'm not sure how that would help. the dr kept gently reminding me that it's a 25% chance at my age (36) every time i have a chemical i feel like i'm wasting a month.
    I might push a little harder. Do you mind if i ask what they found in your hysteroscopy?

    I'm getting a little sick of the 'the good thing with a chemical is that it did take' line. I'm on a hat-trick now so that's not really cutting it for me anymore.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    @BabyO how are you going?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,982
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    943
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default IVF - May/June 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by suesue View Post
    Congrats @amiracle4me that's really wonderful news.
    My clinic told me they didn't think i needed to which is obviously irritating. I've had a million blood tests already so i'm not sure how that would help. the dr kept gently reminding me that it's a 25% chance at my age (36) every time i have a chemical i feel like i'm wasting a month.
    I might push a little harder. Do you mind if i ask what they found in your hysteroscopy?

    I'm getting a little sick of the 'the good thing with a chemical is that it did take' line. I'm on a hat-trick now so that's not really cutting it for me anymore.
    How annoying! I’ve read so many articles that say a hysteroscopy should be pretty much a standard before doing IVF as it rules out any issues internally before putting embies in.

    I had my DD first go with ICSI but when i went back for #2 I had two chemicals in a row. I also had a very thick lining ( 15-17mm ) so the embryologist wanted to rule out any precancerous cells before doing any more FET’s. I had it done and they found nothing but it gave me peace of mind and also a leg to stand on when my lining was 17mm and they wanted to cancel my cycle due to it being too think. I campaigned to have a punt and here I am 29 weeks pregnant.

    There’s also a lot of research to suggest that when they take the biopsies in the hysteroscopy it stimulates that area to regenerate which helps implantation straight after in the next 3 cycles. So basically doing it would rule out any issues and may aid implantation. It’s done under general in day surgery and even tho I was concerned about it I’m glad I did. You don’t want to keep putting embies in if there’s a problem with the ‘oven’.

    May I ask how many chems you’ve had?

    If you feel strongly enough you can get a hysteroscopy done on the side privately. It’s like a pink slip for your insides lol.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    395
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by suesue View Post
    @BabyO how are you going?
    Just waiting for tomorrow to POAS. Not holding a lot of hope though

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    How annoying! I’ve read so many articles that say a hysteroscopy should be pretty much a standard before doing IVF as it rules out any issues internally before putting embies in.

    I had my DD first go with ICSI but when i went back for #2 I had two chemicals in a row. I also had a very thick lining ( 15-17mm ) so the embryologist wanted to rule out any precancerous cells before doing any more FET’s. I had it done and they found nothing but it gave me peace of mind and also a leg to stand on when my lining was 17mm and they wanted to cancel my cycle due to it being too think. I campaigned to have a punt and here I am 29 weeks pregnant.

    There’s also a lot of research to suggest that when they take the biopsies in the hysteroscopy it stimulates that area to regenerate which helps implantation straight after in the next 3 cycles. So basically doing it would rule out any issues and may aid implantation. It’s done under general in day surgery and even tho I was concerned about it I’m glad I did. You don’t want to keep putting embies in if there’s a problem with the ‘oven’.

    May I ask how many chems you’ve had?

    If you feel strongly enough you can get a hysteroscopy done on the side privately. It’s like a pink slip for your insides lol.

    I've had 3 chems. 2 in a row and 1 a few months later but i didn't do any cycles in between so really, that's 3 in a row, My doctor just briefly mentioned a hysteroscopy but said that my scans (pre IVF with a women's imaging clinic) were very detailed and he didn't think there was a need. I'm a pretty over it and i'm extra annoyed i've still got HCG in my system so i can't go back for another round this month. As you can tell i have no patience haha my husband keeps saying "what's a month" and i want to punch him


    @BabyO fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you. If you're up to it, let us know how you go.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,982
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    943
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suesue View Post
    I've had 3 chems. 2 in a row and 1 a few months later but i didn't do any cycles in between so really, that's 3 in a row, My doctor just briefly mentioned a hysteroscopy but said that my scans (pre IVF with a women's imaging clinic) were very detailed and he didn't think there was a need. I'm a pretty over it and i'm extra annoyed i've still got HCG in my system so i can't go back for another round this month. As you can tell i have no patience haha my husband keeps saying "what's a month" and i want to punch him


    @BabyO fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you. If you're up to it, let us know how you go.
    Wow. Yes that’s a lot to process mentally and emotionally. I’m sorry Hun. Xx

    If an embie isn’t hanging on there are only three main reasons right? Poor embie quality, something up internally or autoimmune/killer cells issues. That’s my crude analysis anyways! If it was me I’d be other considering PGS and/or doing a hysteroscopy. I’d also be wanting to rule out NK cells before doing any more transfers. There’s only so many chems you can have before someone has to start asking questions right?
    How thick is your lining usually?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked
    325
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick update from me...today is CD3 and I got the call to start injections again this morning! So here we go on this roller coaster again!! I REALLY hope this is the one 🤞🏽

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad89 For This Useful Post:

    a million dreams (30-05-2020),amiracle4me (28-05-2020),BabyO (28-05-2020),Dash of hope (29-05-2020)

  9. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    395
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    BFN
    So I guess that's that, after 11 years TTC you have to call it at some point right?

    The thing is even in the darkest moments of this journey I always believed with every fiber of my being that we would have a baby, I never imagined getting to the end without one.
    I've been so calm this cycle, not sure if I've finally resigned myself or if I'm in shock. I shed a solitary tear but other than that I don't know that I feel anything right now, just numb.
    Thanks Ladies for all of your support, I don't know how I would have gotten through this without you

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyO For This Useful Post:

    a million dreams (30-05-2020),gypsychild (30-05-2020)

  11. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,982
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    943
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyO View Post
    BFN
    So I guess that's that, after 11 years TTC you have to call it at some point right?

    The thing is even in the darkest moments of this journey I always believed with every fiber of my being that we would have a baby, I never imagined getting to the end without one.
    I've been so calm this cycle, not sure if I've finally resigned myself or if I'm in shock. I shed a solitary tear but other than that I don't know that I feel anything right now, just numb.
    Thanks Ladies for all of your support, I don't know how I would have gotten through this without you
    Oh Hun. I’m so sorry to read this. Sending you massive virtual hugs ❤️ All this TTC can be so hard, whether it’s three cycles or ten. I’m really in awe of people that can just have s*x and make a baby. Seems so far fetched when so many struggle.

    You don’t need me to tell you that there are still options out there available to you when you’re ready. And there will be a whole bunch of ladies here waiting to help you along at the time. Thinking of you Xxx

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

    BabyO (29-05-2020),gypsychild (30-05-2020)


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Bubs due April/May/June 2010 #4
    By EarthAngel75 in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 10:18
  2. IVF Bubs due April/May/June 2010 #3
    By lillyjack in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 868
    Last Post: 17-01-2010, 10:59
  3. IVF Bubs due April/May/June 2010 #2
    By lillyjack in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 723
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 22:24
  4. IVF Bubs due April/May/June 2010
    By lochnessie in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 971
    Last Post: 13-10-2009, 21:56
  5. IVF journey for May/June
    By Chub Chub in forum IVF
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 19:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
TPS Health PhysiotherapyTPS Health has four clinics located at Morningside, Cleveland, Victoria Point and Lutwyche. We offer pre/post natal ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Fifth pregnancy lucky?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Do you believe your children?Issues with Family Members
2 lines?Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
Recommend me where to have baby photos takenGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Letting go of controlGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat