+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison 2020 View Post
    Hi @Quest,
    My GP recommended two doctors. Dr. Ashley Fong & Prof Warren Chan. I am currently consulting Dr Chan. and hoping to start IVF in November.

Thanks for your wishes. Wish you all to best too!!

Take care hun ..
    You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable, but is Dr Chan willing to use your own eggs for IVF? I never could find anyone that was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have your numbers changed much, Allison2020? My AMH was 0.15. FSH was negligible but that's because my estrogen was sky high (so it falsely lowers it). I'm pretty much out of the game right now as I have hyperplasia and I'm not even ovulating, but every now and then I wonder if the situation is still redeemable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable, but is Dr Chan willing to use your own eggs for IVF? I never could find anyone that was.
    Hi @MissTwiggley,
    He was reluctant at first saying that I have a less chance. But later on he said that we will first try with my own eggs and see what's the outcome.
    He is planning to give me higher doses of medication depending on the blood reports on FSH. I have my first IVF appointment(Nurses interview) tomorrow. I hope and pray that this goes well for me..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Allison 2020 For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have your numbers changed much, Allison2020? My AMH was 0.15. FSH was negligible but that's because my estrogen was sky high (so it falsely lowers it). I'm pretty much out of the game right now as I have hyperplasia and I'm not even ovulating, but every now and then I wonder if the situation is still redeemable.
    @MissTwiggley,
    I tested the AMH & FSH beginning of September on day two of the cycle, and there was an improvement in AMH & FSH compared to my Feb reports
    Feb: AMH was 0.3 & FSH was 16.7
    Sep: AMH 0.6 & FSH 7.9

But I took another FSH test mid cycle end of Sep(around day 21) and it was 37.90. FSH keeps on varying. Hope it stays lower when I test FSH again when I start IVF.

I started monitoring BBT, but during the last two months, the FF app does not detect an ovulation. I'm a bit worried about that.
    Sorry to hear about your condition. it's worth to get a second opinion..
    Take care
    Last edited by Allison 2020; 26-10-2020 at 11:55.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allison 2020 For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (27-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. Much appreciated!
    All the best with your IVF round, Allison! Looking forward to your good news!
    Thank you so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTwiggley,
    I tested the AMH & FSH beginning of September on day two of the cycle, and there was an improvement in AMH & FSH compared to my Feb reports
    Feb: AMH was 0.3 & FSH was 16.7
    Sep: AMH 0.6 & FSH 7.9

But I took another FSH test mid cycle end of Sep(around day 21) and it was 37.90. FSH keeps on varying. Hope it stays lower when I test FSH again when I start IVF.

I started monitoring BBT, but during the last two months, the FF app does not detect an ovulation. I'm a bit worried about that.
    Sorry to hear about your condition. it's worth to get a second opinion..
    Take care
    I'm so glad to hear your numbers have improved! Sometimes that's all you need to get over the threshold for treatment. I'm not sure how FSH travels over the course of a cycle but I do know that it varies from month to month - It's certainly not as 'set' as AMH is. Had you ovulated at that point when your FSH 37.90?

Were you vitamin D deficient by any chance? I think if you are it can artificially lower your AMH level. It would be worth it to have this tested.

I've not found BBT monitoring to be successful for me - During my last pregnancy, I did not get a rise in body temperature until a few days before I was due to start to AF. Yet I was pregnant with twins! I don't think it's a fail-proof method especially with disrupted sleep. You are better off going by day 21 bloods and monitoring other signs.

I wish you all the best. You'll have to come back after your appointment and update us. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad to hear your numbers have improved! Sometimes that's all you need to get over the threshold for treatment. I'm not sure how FSH travels over the course of a cycle but I do know that it varies from month to month - It's certainly not as 'set' as AMH is. Had you ovulated at that point when your FSH 37.90?

Were you vitamin D deficient by any chance? I think if you are it can artificially lower your AMH level. It would be worth it to have this tested.

I've not found BBT monitoring to be successful for me - During my last pregnancy, I did not get a rise in body temperature until a few days before I was due to start to AF. Yet I was pregnant with twins! I don't think it's a fail-proof method especially with disrupted sleep. You are better off going by day 21 bloods and monitoring other signs.

I wish you all the best. You'll have to come back after your appointment and update us. xx
    Yep, me too.. Well I am not sure whether I have ovulated when my FSH was 37.90. based on FF app I have not.
    as per the blood reports of Feb, I was vitamin D deficient and I started taking Vit D supplements as recommended by FS. I think that's the reason for having a slightly higher AMH in Sep.

I guess BBT does not work for me too. because for me it is difficult to check the temps at the same time, every day. and I too have disrupted sleep on most of the days.

I had my nurses interview yesterday and they explained the process and gave me all the medicine/injections....(phew.., I'm scared of needles and I don't think I have the guts to inject myself)

I have to go for bloods when I start my periods, which I am expecting this week or early next week. the medication will vary depending on the blood reports of the hormones..
    Thanks so much for the wishes. I know this is not a smooth process. but I am willing to do anything/everything to have a baby...

Sure will give an update after the next appointment

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Allison 2020 For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (28-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Allison thank you for this post and the details you share. I wonder if you were successful? I was diagnosed with PCOS. Hubby has issues too. We have booked again for North Cyprus. We have decided to go for ED.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkforbaby View Post
    Hello Allison thank you for this post and the details you share. I wonder if you were successful? I was diagnosed with PCOS. Hubby has issues too. We have booked again for North Cyprus. We have decided to go for ED.
    Hi @Walkforbaby,
    I recently started my first IVF. My FS said that if we are not successful, we too will have to go for ED.
    I am going to do everything possible.
    Good Luck to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Walkforbaby,
    I recently started my first IVF. My FS said that if we are not successful, we too will have to go for ED.
    I am going to do everything possible.
    Good Luck to you!
    Hi Allison,

This is varsha, 26, with primary ovarian insufficiency. My AMH is less than 0.2 and my highest FSH has been 93. I did 2 rounds of IVF but eggs did not fertilise. Just following up on how you went ahead with your journey!

Regards,
    Varsha