+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy I'm the worse mummy in the World

I can confidently say this today. Because this morning I locked Harry in the car. Here's what happened:

I was driving our second car, which I never drive, and doesn't have central locking like my car. I pull into a car spot and turning around and unlock Harry's belt and he takes the keys from me. I didn't mind as he usually does this and puts them in my bag when he'a out of the car, 1st mistake. I then lock all the other doors but turn around and pull up the lock on the back door behind me, 2nd mistake. I then get out of the car locking my door and go to the back and try to open the door. It won't open. I didn't pull the lock up far enough and it didn't unlock. I start searching through my bag for my mobile but then realise I left it at home charging. I start telling Harry to try to pull the lock up, which I know he won't do. By this stage I'm crying and screaming. A girl about 9 years old, asks me if I'm okay. I tell her that my boy is the car and he has the keys, and asked if she could run into Woolies and go to the service desk and tell someone what has happened. Within seconds someone is out and tell me to calm down and they will get him out. She runs back in and gets a young guy who collects the trolleys and a coat hanger. He tries to unlock the door but think scissors would be better. So he runs back into the store and gets some scissors. Harry is thinking this is great fun cause he's in the car shaking the keys at me and laughing his head off. The guy comes back and within seconds the car is open and I'm pulling Harry out. He was in the car for no more than 5 mins, but it was the longest 5 mins of my life.
    He was okay, just a little sweaty but laughing and smiling at everyone.
    I feel so guilty, awful. horrible, like the worse mummy in the world.
    When I got home I rang my DH and told him but all I got was "well that's not a car issue it's a parent issue" What a way to kick me when I'm down. I also demanded my car back and am getting it back tomorrow.
    If you have read this far. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

alicesmum Guest
    harry'smum
    you poor bugger! i have had many nightmares about locking alice in the car with her looking forlornly out at me and me being unable to get to her!!! agggghhhhh....

your husband's response is EXACTLY what my DH would say. so sensitive aren't they!!!!! (i am so sure about this that if it happened to me i probably wouldn't even tell him!!!! )

BTW - you are in *no way* the worst mummy in the world. it could happen to anyone!

glad all is now okay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing. That is my worst nightmare. Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We all make mistakes, you're not a bad mummy at all, that is nothing compared to what some mummy's do.

Nawdy Husband!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You're not the worst mummy. Don't kick yourself over a little mistake, any of us could end up doing the same and so could your hub. Chloe often takes my keys, but she hits me with them so I try not to let her, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon_mouse
    We all make mistakes, you're not a bad mummy at all, that is nothing compared to what some mummy's do.

Nawdy Husband!
    Hear hear!

I'm not here to judge, but I think from how healthy and happy Harry is you are one FAB mum, Karena. If you dont believe me, ask Harry! I bet he'd say that you are the best mum in the world

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone I really needed to hear that this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the all the other girls, you ARE NOT a bad mum for doing this...

Your only human huni!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are not a bad mummy!
    Don't listen to your DH, mine would have said exactly the same thing. They don't even realise what they are saying is hurtful! They have the sensitivity of a lump of wood!! It's a male thing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am sure your a great Mum... we are only human you know.