+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please call Relationships Australia . They will assist you with things and let you know what you need to do for mediation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would NOT trust him or his lawyer, like others have said, they are only looking out for him. They will tell you whatever they want to get the best outcome for him - if you're not getting the info from YOUR OWN lawyer, or someone else advocating for you on your behalf, I wouldn't trust it

Can you, or have you contacted your local women's service? You go have a chat to someone (Maybe via phone at the moment), they ask questions so they can give you advice specific for you, and can help you access things like legal help, meditation etc if you're uncomfortable or unable to do it all yourself....or they can give you other contracts thou may need.
    You're not alone. You don't have to work through this alone. This is probably really daunting for you given how controlling your husband is, but your strong enough. You can do this.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lawyer Advice Needed Please

@Nafsika Do you have a lawyer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rang women’s legal services. I am unable to access their help, same as legal aid. They said because of assets (house, cars, tools, etc) I am not able to get their support & to hire a lawyer, even though everything is in his name.

I’ve spoken to a new lawyer. He said I would be lucky to get 50%.

I spoke to the father of my kids & he says his lawyer is finding a conciliator. Which I do not believe as it’s been over a week. Someone who will not be on either of our side and just to listen to us & see if we can come to an agreement.

Which we won’t because he doesn’t want to divide anything.

I need to respond to the divorce application. Which I will & make notes that dates & information are wrong.

His lied in them. So I want the court to characterize him as a liar based on evidence.

I did mention the places for mediation, he said he didn’t want government ones.
    Which I personally found odd.

Personally I think he hasn’t done any of that.

His lawyer isn’t talking to me direct.

The only thing I’ve done is put a caveat on the property this week. Not sure if it was a good idea. But yeh.

I have a lot to take in.
    I’m sorry if I don’t respond fast enough. But I’m in this with very little support.

Anyone is welcome to send me a message.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (27-06-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please do not respond to anything until you have legal representation. It is so incredibly important for you and your children.

If you can’t use legal aid you will have to find a lawyer you can afford.

My understanding is that mediation isn’t optional so he will have to do it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (27-06-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please keep a record of all conversations , texts , emails and letters so you have proof of what was said and when. Record the date and time and what was said. I’d only communicate with your EXH by text or email so you have a record of it all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Nafsika (27-06-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven’t been through a divorce or separation but have watched all my siblings go through theirs. When BIL and my sister separated and BIL learned the truth about all she had done and came to the realisation there was no saving his marriage he went straight to a lawyer who filed they had separated so that the date was already documented with the courts then she wrote a letter to my sister advising her of what BIL wanted in terms of financial settlement and custody (custody changed soon after but that’s another story) and advised my sister to have her representation contact BIL’s lawyer. My sister found a lawyer and the 2 lawyers hashed out a agreement (of course via consulting with both BIL and sister) and they both signed it. As far as I know they each paid a deposit into a trust/retainer type thing and were able to make payments in instalments. Neither have filed for divorce yet but once they do it will be straight forward because financial and custody arrangements have all been agreed on. It does seem strange both lawyers jumped straight into saying they are going to court.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve had a draining day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    I’ve had a draining day
    Hope you are ok xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, thank you, I’m ok.
    I’m doing FDR next week. Family dispute resolution.

Nothing will come out of it, I’m not sure what to expect or what to say.

Im going to go in there being fair & not brutal.

Whose done FDR & was it what you expected?

I know we won’t come to an agreement because he has already said he will fight me for everything.

Im thinking of making a list of what I would like/want & see what he says. At least if I look like I’m being fair then it’s good. Right?

Yesterday I did a respond to divorce & asked to have all the police reports & attendances for a record to show if I need too.