Closed Thread
Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    What are you thinking? This government 'investment' has left me confused.
    So many things. It's bellicose fear-mongering, distracting the public away from problems at home: whatever's happening here, however big the social crisis, just remember, we're on the brink of invasion, always!

We've promised to follow the US, yet again, on its future military escapades - which will be plentiful because their troops are always at war somewhere. We've promised to buy their weapons, again - and lord knows they need to keep flogging this sh*te, their economy is dependent on it.

This boost to our military spending won't take us into the big league - even with the extra kit we wouldn't stand a chance against China if China really had any interest in attacking us. This is us escalating tensions at America's behest, dressing it up in talk about "defence".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (01-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here's a question..... *hypothetical*

If a person (A) comes into contact with covid, or with someone close ( b) who has it: at what point would it show up on the person A if tested? Do you just assume after 14 days if no symptoms they're clear?

Is there a period of time between if Person A come in to contact with it, before they're infectious to others?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (06-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Here's a question..... *hypothetical*

If a person (A) comes into contact with covid, or with someone close ( b) who has it: at what point would it show up on the person A if tested? Do you just assume after 14 days if no symptoms they're clear?

Is there a period of time between if Person A come in to contact with it, before they're infectious to others?
    I think you assume if no symptoms appear after 14 days then they don’t have it. But people can be contagious before they develop symptoms and some people never develop symptoms and are still contagious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I think you assume if no symptoms appear after 14 days then they don’t have it. But people can be contagious before they develop symptoms and some people never develop symptoms and are still contagious.
    Yeah, that's why I'm asking, even if asymptomatic when could a reliable test be done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, that's why I'm asking, even if asymptomatic when could a reliable test be done
    If you are asymptomatic you would have a positive test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i don't think they know how long it is between exposure and being contagious yourself, symptomatic or not. I think that's why when people are exposed they're asked to self-isolate immediately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theres been no confirmed exposure, just a risk of having been in a suburb adjoining a hotspot.

Just thinking, IF the ONE person they were in close contact with (who was not showing symptoms, to my knowledge hasn't), happened to be infectious at the time you were near them, how long would it be before you would be infectious to others, or how long until a test would be reliable.

I'm probably not being very clear with what I'm asking.. I know what I'm trying to ask but can't get it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theres been no confirmed exposure, just a risk of having been in a suburb adjoining a hotspot.

Just thinking, IF the ONE person they were in close contact with (who was not showing symptoms, to my knowledge hasn't), happened to be infectious at the time you were near them, how long would it be before you would be infectious to others, or how long until a test would be reliable.

I'm probably not being very clear with what I'm asking.. I know what I'm trying to ask but can't get it out
    I don’t think anyone really knows the answer to this. You may be infectious straight away or maybe not for 14 days.

Thanks
    Reviews

They have done studies on the average incubation time. From memory it's around 6 or 8 days with 99.something being within the 14 days. If you Google Covid 19 incubation you should be able to find the research.

Honestly though, I wouldn't stress too much. I know who and the scenario you would be referring to and so long as they didn't have prolonged contact (15+ minutes) or were in a small, stuffy space with the person and they sanitised/washed their hands afterwards, the chances are very, very low. It's a neighboring suburb for starters, not the hotspot itself. These are densely populated suburbs and, not to downplay the seriousness of the situation (it should be taken seriously) the amount of positives represents a very small % of those living there. Plus, I'd assume that person works there but probably lives elsewhere.

I know it's hard, I can generally stay in my semi-rural bubble but need to travel in to a suburb 2 away from a hotspot later this week and it does send my anxiety into overdrive.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (06-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

The minimum time before you'd be infectious (if you actually contacted it) isn't known.

In the vast majority of cases, testing negative 14 days after potential exposure is considered reliable. But there have been rare exceptions, so nothing seems to be 100%.