Closed Thread
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    China just recorded 1290 new deaths. I wonder what's going on here.
    They aren’t new deaths, they just went back to the old records and added people who died a while ago

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (17-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Are you in Vic?
    Yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    They aren’t new deaths, they just went back to the old records and added people who died a while ago
    They most likely need to add a couple more 0 onto that tally

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (17-04-2020),SuperGranny (21-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Yes
    It’s strange, I don’t know that people like the divisiveness but rather glad that Andrews taking a firm and I would say clear stance for Victorians. I don’t generally like Andrews so I struggle to say that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is anyone else feeling worried that someone vulnerable and dear to them is likely to pass away during this time where funerals will be restricted to just a few people?

My boss is 80 and has been in isolation at home for weeks, but his health is declining (physically & mentally) and I feel so sad that he could pass away before I get to see him again and that I won’t be able to be at his funeral.

He’s been like a second father to me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Stretched (17-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Is anyone else feeling worried that someone vulnerable and dear to them is likely to pass away during this time where funerals will be restricted to just a few people?

My boss is 80 and has been in isolation at home for weeks, but his health is declining (physically & mentally) and I feel so sad that he could pass away before I get to see him again and that I won’t be able to be at his funeral.

Not personaly but a dear friend lost her elderly mother 2 weeks ago. It was horrible. This lady had 4 children, 10+ grandkids and was very well know and loved within her community.

My friend said she’s never felt so lost, it meant she couldn’t sit with her dad and siblings and “remember” her mum. She has been very deeply effected by it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (17-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes, my Uncle passed away this week. The funeral was today. So heartbroken for my mum that she couldn’t attend. She wants to be with her sister at this time, but can’t be there. They will have a memorial that we will go to, but it’s not the same as being there when they need us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
    Yes, my Uncle passed away this week. The funeral was today. So heartbroken for my mum that she couldn’t attend. She wants to be with her sister at this time, but can’t be there. They will have a memorial that we will go to, but it’s not the same as being there when they need us.
    I’m sorry to hear this hon, it’s just heartbreaking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Absolutely. My friends Nanna died recently and she was unable to attend the funeral because of the restrictions. Initially they were going to be allowed to go to a viewing at the funeral home, but even that was stopped. So she never got to say her final goodbyes. Last saw her a few weeks back before the state government clamped down on “unnecessary travel”.

A work colleague lost her daughter too. No one was allowed to attend the funeral apart from immediate family. So many of us would have gone to support her had we been allowed.

For me, I have one remaining grandparent. My 91yo Nanna. She lives interstate and is currently at my uncles place anyway. I would be devastated if she died during all of this because she is the one I’m closest to out of all my grandparents. I have also been to the funerals of all 3 of my other grandparents, so missing this one would really upset me.

Also, none of my family (apart from DH and DD) live in Brisbane. If anyone died, I’d not be able to go to funerals. Folks and sister are in Tassie and from what mum and dad have said, the airport is basically closed and there are no flights coming in or out since they closed their borders except for essential workers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

My dad. He is 78. Only has 1 lung that works properly and the other one is crap. It will be devastating either way and hardest for my sister as I know she won’t be able to get flights to come home from ny

17. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post: