Closed Thread
Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    you’d have to be carrying it because presumably you’ll be exiting the car at some stage. and even if you’re not, if you were involved in a crash you’d need to get out and talk to others so i would keep a few in the car shadow
    Thanks. I keep about 4 disposable ones in there anyway, because some places are shocking (bunnings in warrnambool last weekend 😱) just driving in the Carpark gave me a panic attack 😅

I managed to snag 100 for under $58 delivered! Mum got 50 for $36... and in true hiking up prices of masks form, I ordered reusable from a local business ($4 each), 2 weeks ago. When the recommendation for rural vic to wear them came in, they jumped to $6 each. On Thursday when they announced them being mandatory, they're now $10 each. These are bulk supplied, not locally hand made. I'm sure it's a supply chain issue... but still annoying they more than double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
    Come in to vent coz I don’t want to be the downer in real life - I’m the normally the optimistic one!

I think I’ve managed reasonably well so far but gosh this week is testing me. I’m moving between angry and hopelessness and it’s not my normal outlook.

I’m angry that people just can’t seem to do the right thing. I’m angry that people who have tested positive aren’t staying home. I’m angry that for each day I send my kids to childcare, I play roulette with their health whilst DH and I continue to work (unable to WFH).

I’m lacking in hope because, despite the lack of exponential growth, the numbers aren’t going down. That the cases are just getting closer and closer. It’s literally like a roller coaster watching the numbers each day.

I know I am lacking rationale thought. I know the casualisation of the workforce and the lack of paid sick leave is driving some of those people to work whilst sick or positive but it still sucks. The information is not forthcoming from DHHS for those who test positive and particularly for requirements of being a close contact. I get they are slammed, but these messages just need to be a repeat all over social media and TV etc.

Argh... off to watch the announcements...
    I’m not in Vic but understand your thoughts. I’m so annoyed that Qld opened the border with NSW when it was crystal clear there was serious issue in Vic, and the NSW/Vic border had been open the whole time. And we now have it here. This was so bl00dy predictable and preventable. Watching things unfold in Melbourne is liking looking into our future because the rest of the east coast will be the same very soon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

HappyDaysAllRound (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    stage 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup , back to remote teaching for me. Waiting for clarity on Tuesdays pupil free day, e.g. is it just rural schools or all, as DS's school is technically metro. I need to know if I need to organise care for him or not (as I will no doubt need to go in to work to get everything organised).

5km! I hope there is an exemption for metro outskirts like where I am. It's only metro based on LGA, it's country by any other definition. The local IGA is small and already overpriced but woolies is 10km away in the next town. (Plus has no produce thanks to distribution being closed!!) I'm thinking I should book a home delivery window now for later in the week, assuming panic buying doesn't clear the shelves and they have to cancel deliveries again like at the start of it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's time to buy some masks it seems inevitable that they will make them mandatory in NSW soon.

Feeling for the Victorians that have to go back to home learning and the amazing teachers that make it happen. It's such a big task!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I think it's time to buy some masks it seems inevitable that they will make them mandatory in NSW soon.

Feeling for the Victorians that have to go back to home learning and the amazing teachers that make it happen. It's such a big task!
    I got some yesterday in Brisbane. I figure it’s only a matter of time and when it’s decided we need them it will be too late to find any.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally feel for you ladies in Victoria. It’s gonna be hard slog

We’ve just had 2 more cases, 1 a teenage girl coming back from Victoria last week and another one aswell. Both students the second one (older) is the concern they are saying to us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well... I saw that coming a mile away.

Haven't broken the news to the kids yet.

How do you explain that a small minority of adults are d!cks and have screwed everything up so now they can't go back to school 🙄

Ok so I wouldn't put it like that, but still..

I've been keeping them up to date saying it's still around and getting worse, but we are all trying to keep them safe so it won't be a complete blind side for them..

I entered remote learning all positive and energised last time. (Even having the possibility I was potentially doing it alone at that point while df worked away)

This time, I'm dreading it. I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I feel for the teachers, and the parents who have to do it alone possibly even while working from home, the parents with multiple children at different stages, those with learning they can't help with, and those with children who are just unmotivated and uninspired by learning...

Remote learning 2.0... let's hope it's over quickly. My guess is until Term 4.
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 02-08-2020 at 16:39.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese (02-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Yup , back to remote teaching for me. Waiting for clarity on Tuesdays pupil free day, e.g. is it just rural schools or all, as DS's school is technically metro. I need to know if I need to organise care for him or not (as I will no doubt need to go in to work to get everything organised).

5km! I hope there is an exemption for metro outskirts like where I am. It's only metro based on LGA, it's country by any other definition. The local IGA is small and already overpriced but woolies is 10km away in the next town. (Plus has no produce thanks to distribution being closed!!) I'm thinking I should book a home delivery window now for later in the week, assuming panic buying doesn't clear the shelves and they have to cancel deliveries again like at the start of it all!
    I’m interested to see how they handle the 5km rules. Growing up (not vic) we lived in a city by definition but there wasn’t a single shop within 5km and then the closest wasn’t enough, very basic corner store. Surely they have to allow people to get food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it’s the reasonable basis. if you’ve got a shop within 5km then you go there. if where you live has nothing within 5km, you’re allowed to go to your nearest shop. it’s to stop people driving across melbourne to do their grocery shopping.

once again, a few select idiots have ruined it for those who behaved normally and followed the rules.