+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Hoping someone can help me out. I'll call 13health tomorrow.

I'm starting to get a temp and a bit of a head cold. No sore throat etc. Just a headache and a tiny runny nose. I obviously won't be seen by my gp and be directed to a fever clinic. My question is, will they test me for more than covid?

A child in my class tested positive for rhinovirus this week so I highly suspect I have caught it from him. If like to be tested for it, not just covid. Will they do that?

Yes, the PCR swab will include COVID, rhino, adeno, influenzas, RSV and a few others I can’t remember.

Good luck, hope your feeling better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
    Yes, the PCR swab will include COVID, rhino, adeno, influenzas, RSV and a few others I can’t remember.

Good luck, hope your feeling better soon!
    Not where I was tested. The info flyer specifically said that if you were still unwell see your GP for other tests.

I'd say call the places nearest and see if any will. You may also be able to get it added to the test with a GP referral (via telehealth) so they can bill Medicare for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Not where I was tested. The info flyer specifically said that if you were still unwell see your GP for other tests.

I'd say call the places nearest and see if any will. You may also be able to get it added to the test with a GP referral (via telehealth) so they can bill Medicare for it.
    Sorry PP, I didn’t realise that. All ours are running a full screen. Was yours linked to a hospital or stand alone (private pathology service)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
    Sorry PP, I didn’t realise that. All ours are running a full screen. Was yours linked to a hospital or stand alone (private pathology service)?
    It was one of the Monash Health ones set up at the local community health centre.