+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi1234 View Post
    AF came this morning. Looks like I'll be joining you with IVF soon enough. I have to wait for my beta on Monday before anything happens, so I don't think I'll be starting until July (which was my intention anyway).
    I’m so sorry to hear depending on your clinic they usually start you CD1 or CD21.
    My TWW will end in July!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobaby1 View Post
    I’m so sorry to hear depending on your clinic they usually start you CD1 or CD21.
    My TWW will end in July!
    Thanks Jobaby1. I'm not sure just yet which I'll be doing , I presume I'll meet with my FS in the next week or so. I'm with IVFA, if that tells you anything.

The other thing is I'm thinking of changing donors. There were a large number suitable for ivf, but very few for iui, so someone else might have luck with that allocation where I didn't. Something else to keep me occupied in the interim, I suppose.

Gosh, I found the standard tww hard enough, waiting until July must be very difficult!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi1234 View Post
    Thanks Jobaby1. I'm not sure just yet which I'll be doing , I presume I'll meet with my FS in the next week or so. I'm with IVFA, if that tells you anything.

The other thing is I'm thinking of changing donors. There were a large number suitable for ivf, but very few for iui, so someone else might have luck with that allocation where I didn't. Something else to keep me occupied in the interim, I suppose.

Gosh, I found the standard tww hard enough, waiting until July must be very difficult!
    Yeah and I had to wait for CD21 to just start and the cycle is called a long down reg so it is longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear AF made an unwanted visit xx

We had our first IUI appt yesterday. We have a bunch of blood tests to do... apparently the AMH test isn't covered by Medicare; any idea how much it costs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinemami View Post
    So sorry to hear AF made an unwanted visit xx

We had our first IUI appt yesterday. We have a bunch of blood tests to do... apparently the AMH test isn't covered by Medicare; any idea how much it costs?
    $75 when I had it done last year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sunshinemami!

I am so sorry I hadn't seen your reply to my previous message until now!

How did you go with your appointment? Saw above that you are getting all your bloods tested. And then heading straight into IUI?

We had our first appointment in January. Then I needed to be booked in for a hysteroscopy because I had some uterine synechiae (scar tissue). Had the hysteroscopy in March. Then there was some down time due to covid we had our first round of IUI in May.

Fairly simple process! I am on Clomid so took it CD 2 - 6. I had an USS on Day 10. Unfortunately my FS couldn't see my L) ovary (since found out it is very naughty!) so had another USS Day 11. Trigger shot PM of CD11 and then IUI early arvo on CD12. Then had pregnyl injections day 4 and 8 post IUI.

Unfortunately AF came when expected on CD26.

This round I thought would be very similar - I was wrong! I had an USS again CD10 - couldn't see my L) ovary. Another scan CD 11 - follicles too small. Another scan CD 13 - follicles too small. 4th scan today (CD17) and finally we have the go ahead for Wednesday (CD19!!). I also had to have some bloods today to check my hormones as well because its getting late in the cycle. After this round I think we will be going for a laparoscopy (needed because of my silly L) ovary) and then onto IVF. We might do another round of IUI if my FS thinks it could be beneficial.

Hope that helps a bit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pippy18 For This Useful Post:

sunshinemami (08-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pippy18 View Post
    Hi sunshinemami!

I am so sorry I hadn't seen your reply to my previous message until now!

How did you go with your appointment? Saw above that you are getting all your bloods tested. And then heading straight into IUI?

We had our first appointment in January. Then I needed to be booked in for a hysteroscopy because I had some uterine synechiae (scar tissue). Had the hysteroscopy in March. Then there was some down time due to covid we had our first round of IUI in May.

Fairly simple process! I am on Clomid so took it CD 2 - 6. I had an USS on Day 10. Unfortunately my FS couldn't see my L) ovary (since found out it is very naughty!) so had another USS Day 11. Trigger shot PM of CD11 and then IUI early arvo on CD12. Then had pregnyl injections day 4 and 8 post IUI.

Unfortunately AF came when expected on CD26.

This round I thought would be very similar - I was wrong! I had an USS again CD10 - couldn't see my L) ovary. Another scan CD 11 - follicles too small. Another scan CD 13 - follicles too small. 4th scan today (CD17) and finally we have the go ahead for Wednesday (CD19!!). I also had to have some bloods today to check my hormones as well because its getting late in the cycle. After this round I think we will be going for a laparoscopy (needed because of my silly L) ovary) and then onto IVF. We might do another round of IUI if my FS thinks it could be beneficial.

Hope that helps a bit
    My turn to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have had a lot going on personally and only just found the time check my messages.

How did your bloods and laparoscopy go?

We had our bloods done and waited for our results at our next FS appt, but it has been rescheduled to a telehealth appt due to the new lockdown restrictions, so we are still waiting..... but I've had a weird thing happen where I finished AF and two weeks later I received it again but much lighter and now AF is a few days late.... first time ever this has happened so I'm not sure what to make of it.
    I did some research and some women have experienced the same issue and found out they were pregnant... I'm trying not to read into it too much but I'm confused more than anything. Would love your thoughts xx