+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Disappointment relating to suspension of IVF services

Is anyone else struggling to cope emotionally with the suspension of IVF services? I find the indefinite nature of the suspension most difficult to cope with; I have no idea when we can move forward with our implantation; meanwhile the clock is ticking and my body isn't getting any younger. I find the whole thing quite distressing. Can anyone suggest strategies to cope with this uncertainty and new world order?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’m not doing IVF but wanted to send my sympathies.

I know when I last did it 10 years ago I had a one month delay waiting for my mandatory police check to arrive and I was so upset at the delay.

I can’t even imagine the emotional distress the cancellation of services indefinitely is having.

Hang in there xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you... this year for us I was supposed to start TAFE and get my cert 111 and start work so we could go o/s and do donor egg end of this yr or start of nxt yr. However this COVID19 came along and stuffed it all up. So I am still a SAHM and not working and now looks like we won’t be going anywhere for a very long time. It has started to affect my mental health, as I feel time is running out as we have been doing ivf since 2012 and to be honest I don’t want to keep doing it/ thinking about it for the next five or so years as it has consumed me for the good part of my 30s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to send my sympathies to you during this difficult time. I did IVF a few years ago and we had multiple delays (due to my physical and mental health) and it's incredibly difficult. Please look after yourself *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel you here!

My FET got cancelled the same day I got my period, so the day it was meant to start. I am so heart broken!!

The thing that makes it worse for me personally is knowing that the full fee part of my clinic is still going ahead with transfers but the bulk billed side we are in has been shut down.
    I really agree that it is the not knowing how long this will go on for part that sucks the most though.

I have had 2 weeks to get used to it all and while I am still annoyed I found that being ok with being upset and just letting myself have a bad time for a few days (ok maybe a week) was what helped me the most to process and learn to deal with it.

Having said that though I am thinking about writing to them to complain and point out that the reasons they have given don't stand up with what the laws actually say.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, fingers crossed our country keeps doing a stand up job of keeping this virus at bay and we get to have some services open back up again sooner rather than later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash of hope For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (07-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacan View Post
    Is anyone else struggling to cope emotionally with the suspension of IVF services? I find the indefinite nature of the suspension most difficult to cope with; I have no idea when we can move forward with our implantation; meanwhile the clock is ticking and my body isn't getting any younger. I find the whole thing quite distressing. Can anyone suggest strategies to cope with this uncertainty and new world order?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I am!!! I was supposed to FET this month now its on hold.

I am angry because excuse being self centered but we are young & have our lives ahead of us now putting this amongst so much more on hold to save the lives of th elderley who have already lived their lives!!!

Its SO UNFAIR!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not wanting to get anyone's hopes up, but the PM said today that the National Cabinet will discuss elective surgery when they meet on Tuesday. Perhaps IVF could start up again sooner than we think? 🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by a million dreams View Post
    Not wanting to get anyone's hopes up, but the PM said today that the National Cabinet will discuss elective surgery when they meet on Tuesday. Perhaps IVF could start up again sooner than we think? ������
    I'm happy to hear it's on the table, and that one of the reporters there specifically raised IVF in the context of the discussion on Tuesday- an extra reminder how many people are sweating on that answer.
    I'm worried that IVF will not be among the early surgeries to start up again, given that it's a significant number of people would be doing those procedures (vs other elective surgeries), which means chewing through alot of PPE, which is an area it seems they're still pretty sensitive about, even if they're confident beds can be freed up again in the near-term.
    I'm personally probably a couple of months from being able to cycle again regardless, but it would be a great help psychologically to know we can start again once we get the OK.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Step2Three For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (17-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did hear about that....I have had to readjust my thinking and am ok with the idea of starting later... I hope everyone is ok and it would be great if ivf could resume in the next few weeks xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Thecrazycatlady For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (17-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IVF specifically mentioned by the PM as one of the types of elective procedures that can gradually restart after the ANZAC Day weekend