+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Transition to toddler bed

Hi I’m wondering if I can get some advice. Tried transitioning my 21 month old to a floor bed she will sleep on it for her nap time I close the door just a short cry and will climb in and go to sleep. For bedtime she will cry non stop try taking her out trying Again .. cry agajn like into a fit. Bed time last night up till 9:30-10 at night because of this. Last night just gave up and put her in her cot no issue .. no crying went straight to sleep. I have a 1 month old who I was going to put in her cot now not sure what to do .. we do have a portacot we could use for him in the time being just any advice on how to get her to go to sleep in her bed and wondering why it’s such an issue we’ve tried laying with her putting lights on playing white noise etc .. she won’t sleep with us in the room will just start playing with her toys.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would buy a second hand cot with a new mattress or buy a bassinet for the baby.

She feels safe and secure in a cot and is obviously not ready to mive. We moved my son too early and it was a disaster. We ended up moving him back until he was ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree if she is happy in the cot I would be keeping her there. Our 2y10m is still in her cot happily and I just purchased additional cots for the babies.

If you don’t want a second hand one ikea have affordable ones.