+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Transition to floor bed

Hi I’m wondering if I can get some advice. Tried transitioning my 21 month old to a floor bed she will sleep on it for her nap time I close the door just a short cry and will climb in and go to sleep. For bedtime she will cry non stop try taking her out trying Again .. cry agajn like into a fit. Bed time last night up till 9:30-10 at night because of this. Last night just gave up and put her in her cot no issue .. no crying went straight to sleep. I have a 1 month old who I was going to put in her cot now not sure what to do .. we do have a portacot we could use for him in the time being just any advice on how to get her to go to sleep in her bed and wondering why it’s such an issue we’ve tried laying with her putting lights on playing white noise etc .. she won’t sleep with us in the room will just start playing with her toys.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Not a huge amount of advice, as our 16
    Month old does sleep anywhere, but likes her floor bed more than her cot. One thing that has helped is using a boomerang shape pillow to hug her. She likes feeling cosy I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pollya View Post
    Hi! Not a huge amount of advice, as our 16
    Month old does sleep anywhere, but likes her floor bed more than her cot. One thing that has helped is using a boomerang shape pillow to hug her. She likes feeling cosy I think.
    Is a boomerang pillow safe for under 2s? I would have thought not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Is a boomerang pillow safe for under 2s? I would have thought not?
    We’ve checked with our Paediatrician and she
    Said as soon as baby is able to go into a adult sized bed we are able to give her bedding. I think, each parent needs to work with their health care provider if they are worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Transition to floor bed

No advice but my eldest moved into a bed at 2 years 9 months and our current bub needed a cot sooner so we used a portacot for 2 weeks and then bought a cot from fb marketplace for $70. I never imagined having two cots at once but I’m so glad I didn’t push my eldest’s transition to a bed. Cot sleeping was amazing and I didn’t want to mess with that whilst dealing with a baby and then the transition to the bed has been perfect...no exaggeration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    No advice but my eldest moved into a bed at 2 years 9 months and our current bub needed a cot sooner so we used a portacot for 2 weeks and then bought a cot from fb marketplace for $70. I never imagined having two cots at once but I’m so glad I didn’t push my eldest’s transition to a bed. Cot sleeping was amazing and I didn’t want to mess with that whilst dealing with a baby and then the transition to the bed has been perfect...no exaggeration.
    Thanks I think I saw your comment on this topic before .. I think we will just use the portacot atm because we already have the floor bed set up and because of the climate really can’t go out and get a second hand one .. she seems to be fine in it for naps not sure what the issue is for bedtime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    Thanks I think I saw your comment on this topic before .. I think we will just use the portacot atm because we already have the floor bed set up and because of the climate really can’t go out and get a second hand one .. she seems to be fine in it for naps not sure what the issue is for bedtime.
    The annoying thing about toddlers is there never seems to be a method to their madness!!! 🤦‍♀️