+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Just home from work - madness!

I'm not long home from work, today has to be the stupidest day at work I have ever seen, people were waiting at the door to come in and buy as many food producing seedlings as possible, to the point we were re-stocking gardening by 7,30am.
    People were running towards the gardening department as soon as the doors opened at 7am!
    We're out of a good deal of other garden supplies like shovels a good deal of irrigation tubing.

I swear people are acting like a zombie apocalypse is upon us!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

emilyc (30-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is there any talk of Bunnings closing amidst all of this? I’ve been tempted to get some of the kids play stuff for then backyard in the event we’re put in lockdown so DD doesn’t go mad. Prob need to get onto it quick smart but also not keen to leave the house haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Is there any talk of Bunnings closing amidst all of this? I’ve been tempted to get some of the kids play stuff for then backyard in the event we’re put in lockdown so DD doesn’t go mad. Prob need to get onto it quick smart but also not keen to leave the house haha
    All is as normal, I believe if we get to stage 4 we close but not till then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (28-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I'm not long home from work, today has to be the stupidest day at work I have ever seen, people were waiting at the door to come in and buy as many food producing seedlings as possible, to the point we were re-stocking gardening by 7,30am.
    People were running towards the gardening department as soon as the doors opened at 7am!
    We're out of a good deal of other garden supplies like shovels a good deal of irrigation tubing.

I swear people are acting like a zombie apocalypse is upon us!
    My DH works for a major supermarket. He said it’s still crazy with ppl stock piling still. He can’t get over how rude ppl are to the staff and each other. It’s not the end of the world but ppl are acting like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It may come to a point in shutdown levels that Bunnings will only be open for essential tradies. If you were wanting to get things, I wouldn't leave it much longer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (28-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get in quick. We decided ages ago to get DD1 a trampoline for her birthday, and ordered it last week apparently they have been inundated with orders and have sold out of a fair few.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (28-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    I would get in quick. We decided ages ago to get DD1 a trampoline for her birthday, and ordered it last week apparently they have been inundated with orders and have sold out of a fair few.
    Online shopping tonight is the plan for a few things! I’ll add this to the list.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (28-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    It may come to a point in shutdown levels that Bunnings will only be open for essential tradies. If you were wanting to get things, I wouldn't leave it much longer.
    Thanks. I was thinking more of this weekend as I’m home alone with DD until sometime tomorrow, whenever DH gets home. But I might just look online tonight and see what sort of stuff I might want so I can at least have an idea about what I want/how much it will cost

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the plus side, I can shop weekdays before 9am with all the tradies being a healthcare worker.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been doing a lot more gardening recently. I suspect some of the demand is people being stuck at home with nothing else to do. Seeds are much better value than seedlings though! I bought a bunch of seeds a month ago so I planted them last week.