+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Just home from work - madness!

    I'm not long home from work, today has to be the stupidest day at work I have ever seen, people were waiting at the door to come in and buy as many food producing seedlings as possible, to the point we were re-stocking gardening by 7,30am.
    People were running towards the gardening department as soon as the doors opened at 7am!
    We're out of a good deal of other garden supplies like shovels a good deal of irrigation tubing.

    I swear people are acting like a zombie apocalypse is upon us!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

    emilyc (30-03-2020)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,154
    Thanks
    4,482
    Thanked
    7,618
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is there any talk of Bunnings closing amidst all of this? I’ve been tempted to get some of the kids play stuff for then backyard in the event we’re put in lockdown so DD doesn’t go mad. Prob need to get onto it quick smart but also not keen to leave the house haha

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Is there any talk of Bunnings closing amidst all of this? I’ve been tempted to get some of the kids play stuff for then backyard in the event we’re put in lockdown so DD doesn’t go mad. Prob need to get onto it quick smart but also not keen to leave the house haha
    All is as normal, I believe if we get to stage 4 we close but not till then.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

    MLadyEm (28-03-2020)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,708
    Thanks
    747
    Thanked
    3,208
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I'm not long home from work, today has to be the stupidest day at work I have ever seen, people were waiting at the door to come in and buy as many food producing seedlings as possible, to the point we were re-stocking gardening by 7,30am.
    People were running towards the gardening department as soon as the doors opened at 7am!
    We're out of a good deal of other garden supplies like shovels a good deal of irrigation tubing.

    I swear people are acting like a zombie apocalypse is upon us!
    My DH works for a major supermarket. He said it’s still crazy with ppl stock piling still. He can’t get over how rude ppl are to the staff and each other. It’s not the end of the world but ppl are acting like it.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,965
    Thanks
    7,069
    Thanked
    6,388
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Is there any talk of Bunnings closing amidst all of this? I’ve been tempted to get some of the kids play stuff for then backyard in the event we’re put in lockdown so DD doesn’t go mad. Prob need to get onto it quick smart but also not keen to leave the house haha
    It may come to a point in shutdown levels that Bunnings will only be open for essential tradies. If you were wanting to get things, I wouldn't leave it much longer.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

    MLadyEm (28-03-2020)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,638
    Thanks
    7,680
    Thanked
    6,981
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Is there any talk of Bunnings closing amidst all of this? I’ve been tempted to get some of the kids play stuff for then backyard in the event we’re put in lockdown so DD doesn’t go mad. Prob need to get onto it quick smart but also not keen to leave the house haha
    I would get in quick. We decided ages ago to get DD1 a trampoline for her birthday, and ordered it last week apparently they have been inundated with orders and have sold out of a fair few.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

    MLadyEm (28-03-2020)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,154
    Thanks
    4,482
    Thanked
    7,618
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    I would get in quick. We decided ages ago to get DD1 a trampoline for her birthday, and ordered it last week apparently they have been inundated with orders and have sold out of a fair few.
    Online shopping tonight is the plan for a few things! I’ll add this to the list.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

    Mum-I-Am (28-03-2020)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,154
    Thanks
    4,482
    Thanked
    7,618
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    It may come to a point in shutdown levels that Bunnings will only be open for essential tradies. If you were wanting to get things, I wouldn't leave it much longer.
    Thanks. I was thinking more of this weekend as I’m home alone with DD until sometime tomorrow, whenever DH gets home. But I might just look online tonight and see what sort of stuff I might want so I can at least have an idea about what I want/how much it will cost

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,154
    Thanks
    4,482
    Thanked
    7,618
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On the plus side, I can shop weekdays before 9am with all the tradies being a healthcare worker.

  15. #10
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,940
    Thanks
    9,874
    Thanked
    4,321
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been doing a lot more gardening recently. I suspect some of the demand is people being stuck at home with nothing else to do. Seeds are much better value than seedlings though! I bought a bunch of seeds a month ago so I planted them last week.


 

Similar Threads

  1. What does you hubby do when he comes home from work?
    By melinc in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 22:56
  2. Im Finally Home From Work!!!
    By BraydenzDad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-04-2008, 03:04
  3. Just Home From Hospital..
    By SpecialMumma in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-10-2007, 21:06
  4. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 22:36
  5. DF Home from working away
    By mum2anthony in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-01-2007, 15:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
TPS Health PhysiotherapyTPS Health has four clinics located at Morningside, Cleveland, Victoria Point and Lutwyche. We offer pre/post natal ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...