+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    At 90 the hugs probably mean more to her than getting Coronavirus. I think when people get to that age they just want to enjoy the last few years the best that can. I’m hearing this level of apathy from a few people with very elderly relatives which maybe hard for us to relate to but loneliness is horrible at any age, let alone 90.

Unless you’re worried about the risk to your baby then I’d still visit. If she’s not seeing anyone else tho then the chances of her passing it to you are minimal.
    Whatever you decide, good on you for being so caring xx
    So I went today, took her an orchid which she likes, didnt take the baby. It's not catching anything from her I'm worried about, she never really leaves her house, it's me unsuspectingly passing it to her, which I am worried about but she is definitely not! I think maybe at 90 years old, things are pretty crap anyway for her, so she really has made peace with death. She says if she wakes up she wakes up, if she doesnt she's had a very long life. I think it is amazing she is still independent, has all her faculties and she is an avid reader. To be still here at 90 is kind of special really.

I didnt take the baby but she was so happy to see me that I think it is the right decision to continue to visit her.

Thanks for all the opinions.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mummamania For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum (26-03-2020),gorgeousgeorge (26-03-2020),Kalina (26-03-2020),Mod-Uniquey (27-03-2020),PipersMummy (26-03-2020),PomPoms (26-03-2020),SheWarrior (26-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Opinion needed. WWYD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mummamania View Post
    So I went today, took her an orchid which she likes, didnt take the baby. It's not catching anything from her I'm worried about, she never really leaves her house, it's me unsuspectingly passing it to her, which I am worried about but she is definitely not! I think maybe at 90 years old, things are pretty crap anyway for her, so she really has made peace with death. She says if she wakes up she wakes up, if she doesnt she's had a very long life. I think it is amazing she is still independent, has all her faculties and she is an avid reader. To be still here at 90 is kind of special really.

I didnt take the baby but she was so happy to see me that I think it is the right decision to continue to visit her.

Thanks for all the opinions.
    Ah, that’s lovely. Good on you.
    For what it’s worth I think that you did the right thing, and by the sounds of it she’s very grateful. All the best x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Mummamania (27-03-2020)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    yep totally doing the right thing.

I am still seeing my FIL (who is 91) for essentially the same reasons. The idea of no contact is worse than the idea of getting the virus.

I have set up a table and chairs on my front porch for us to sit and have coffee ... so he doesnt have to come inside (he comes to see me, he likes the walk) but he has never really been a hugger so that isnt an issue

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (27-03-2020),Mummamania (27-03-2020)