+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default In a car seat pickle..

We are expecting our second bub in July, I admit I have put this off for a while.. 1. Too scared to buy anything because of prior losses 2. Didn’t want to deal with the inevitable.

I found the energy today to go and test out our current car seat in my car as I’m happy with the seat we have and would have loved to just get another of the same.

Tested behind my seat in lowest headrest rearward facing position touching my drivers seat even with making adjustments to drivers seat to the point where I could not adjust anymore or it would severely impact my driving ability.

Decided to test forward facing fits lovey behind my seat however DS who is 2 next month is still below the lowest marker so can’t go forward.

Adjustments.jpg

However my mum has a car seat in her car and asked me if she could turn DS forward as this is where he sits on the marker in her car seat.

IMG_1055.jpg

I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells the car seat my mum has though :/

Does anyone know why he is so high on one seat and so low on another.. I was hoping to get a new seat for bub but might have to get a new seat for DS and use his current one for bub.

My car is tiny Ford Fiesta hatch 2007 5 door model if anyone has every fit two rear facing ones comfortably please tell me how you managed such magic!

Does anyone else have any suggestions for shorter rear depth seats they have fit in a small car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’m not sure on recommendations etc, but could you put your DS in the middle and then bub behind the passenger?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (22-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    We are expecting our second bub in July, I admit I have put this off for a while.. 1. Too scared to buy anything because of prior losses 2. Didn’t want to deal with the inevitable.

I found the energy today to go and test out our current car seat in my car as I’m happy with the seat we have and would have loved to just get another of the same.

Tested behind my seat in lowest headrest rearward facing position touching my drivers seat even with making adjustments to drivers seat to the point where I could not adjust anymore or it would severely impact my driving ability.

Decided to test forward facing fits lovey behind my seat however DS who is 2 next month is still below the lowest marker so can’t go forward.

Attachment 103528

However my mum has a car seat in her car and asked me if she could turn DS forward as this is where he sits on the marker in her car seat.

Attachment 103529

I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells the car seat my mum has though :/

Does anyone know why he is so high on one seat and so low on another.. I was hoping to get a new seat for bub but might have to get a new seat for DS and use his current one for bub.

My car is tiny Ford Fiesta hatch 2007 5 door model if anyone has every fit two rear facing ones comfortably please tell me how you managed such magic!

Does anyone else have any suggestions for shorter rear depth seats they have fit in a small car?
    You may have an a4 seat and your mum an a2?
    Is your mum's a safety first/mothers choice by any chance? They are renound for lower makers.
    I believe the britax graphene is supposed to be smaller.

We have just purchased an infa secure achieve premium for ds3. It's an a4/g, so extended rfing and harnessing. (0-8years) although honestly if he makes 6 I'll be amazed (I have big kids ) and it fits better (less squashy for front seats) in the 3 cars ive tried it in than our sns meridian (now known as a britax millennia)

My only complaint is it doesn't get as right of an install as the sns seat, which had almost no movement at the belt path.

I tried it in an 05 Ford territory, 07 Mitsubishi 380, and an 08 Holden 've Commodore sedan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I’m not sure on recommendations etc, but could you put your DS in the middle and then bub behind the passenger?
    Might have to test it out not sure id have enough space though unless I could get a slim seat but worth a shot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    You may have an a4 seat and your mum an a2?
    Is your mum's a safety first/mothers choice by any chance? They are renound for lower makers.
    I believe the britax graphene is supposed to be smaller.

We have just purchased an infa secure achieve premium for ds3. It's an a4/g, so extended rfing and harnessing. (0-8years) although honestly if he makes 6 I'll be amazed (I have big kids ) and it fits better (less squashy for front seats) in the 3 cars ive tried it in than our sns meridian (now known as a britax millennia)

My only complaint is it doesn't get as right of an install as the sns seat, which had almost no movement at the belt path.

I tried it in an 05 Ford territory, 07 Mitsubishi 380, and an 08 Holden 've Commodore sedan.
    Omg what’s an A4 and an A2?! 🤯

Yes she has a safety first!!

I wish they put sizes on the websites more of depth with headrest out etc.

I think it might have been an infasecure one on baby kingdom that listed the marker levels for a 12m-8 year seat and it would be low enough for him to go forward I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    Omg what’s an A4 and an A2?! 🤯

Yes she has a safety first!!

I wish they put sizes on the websites more of depth with headrest out etc.

I think it might have been an infasecure one on baby kingdom that listed the marker levels for a 12m-8 year seat and it would be low enough for him to go forward I think
    Back in 2011/2012 when they phased out weight based seats, car seats were given letters for they're type, so "a" was rear facing, for example.
    A2 was later released, where the height markers were higher, then later on again they released a4 seats with the highest makers we see now.

Seats under the igc dorell label are renound for lower makers, small seats that don't last as long as others on the market, marketed at the same age group, e.g. 0-4 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went and tested him in them today and all the forward facing only 12 months - 8 year ones he’s above the marker? Go figure no idea why he doesn’t in the seat we have..

And of course had a bit of a research after for CREP rating for all the options and they all score so *** low every single one... is there no high rating forward facing options?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any you were looking at that you'd prefer? Or features you'd prefer, like easy adjustable harness, extra recline positions? Do you want to keep him rfing? Or would you prefer ffing now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Is there any you were looking at that you'd prefer? Or features you'd prefer, like easy adjustable harness, extra recline positions? Do you want to keep him rfing? Or would you prefer ffing now
    I think logistically going forward facing is going to be our best option after looking at them all as I can’t fit two rear facing in my car and given everything happening buying a new car isn’t preferred at the moment.

I’ve been looking at ones that are forward facing only each website names them differently, some call them convertible booster seats others they are 12 months to 8 year seats

Not fussed on features just one that’s got a decent safety rating really.

Some they had a the shop today were:

Maxi cosi Luna pro

Maxi cosi titan pro

Britax safe n sound maxi guard pro SICT

There was one infasecure one too I think but not masses of choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    All seats sold in Australia should meet the minimum standards so should theoretically be safe.

From the 3 above, I'd go the britax without a second thought.

My (large - wears size 10 clothes) 5yo is in a maxi rider (Maxi guard pro from 2014) still harnessed. It's a great seat and I would highly recommend it. It's recommended among all car seat gurus, where as maxi cos I are not as well liked.

But, my 10month old is rfing in an infa secure achieve premium. (Also known as a grandeur, cadence). It has much more space for the front seats rfing than our other seat. And before I installed it, I got mr 5 to sit in it, and he said it was comfier than his seat. 🤷‍♀️ he certainly wouldn't get to 8 in it though, but he also wont get to 8 in his current one either.

Can you go to a baby store and ask them to test a couple of seats? See what fits best In your car and that ds looks better in.

I went to our baby shop with ds3, and my car, the lady came with me and we tried out the 3 seats I was trying to choose between in the car to help me make a decision.

The britax maxi guard pro has the best rating for an extended harness ff seat.