+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kids bedroom sizes

Hi All,

I am looking at putting an offer in on a home but am a little concerned about the size of the bedrooms. Its a 4 bedroom house and the bedroom sizes are:

3.3 x 3.0
    3.1 x 2.8
    3.3 x 2.9
    4.4 x 3.4

They all have built in wardrobes.

My question is, how much do your kids play in their rooms? Do you think these rooms are too small? I have an almost 2yo and a 3mo so any play time generally happens in the lounge room where we live right now, but as they get older would they want to play more in there rooms?

The house has a decent size yard, 2 living areas pus a dining so the extra space around the house might make up for the smaller bedrooms.

Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think they would be fine if you had more than one living area. My kids didn’t really play in their rooms until they got older (11-12 ish) and that was to play video games so space was not required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We have 6 kids. Just bought a 3 bedroom house. One lounge/living area but a good size yard. The rooms are tiny (smaller than standard size bedrooms, can’t remember exact measurements though). No wardrobes/built ins either. Our kids don’t have toys or anything in their rooms. My view is bedrooms are for sleeping, not playing. During the day they can take toys in if they wish but they get taken out at bed time. We have 3 girls in one room (3, 5 and 7 years), ds (10 months) and 2 girls (9 and 12 years) in the other. The 9 and 12 year old will be moving to their own rooms downstairs eventually once we make the rooms down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We have four kids, and are in a typical modern five bedroom home where the bedrooms aren’t huge, the two big ones have their own rooms and the two younger ones share a room (they chose to). All the bedrooms have built-ins. The two big girls have king single desks in their rooms and the two younger ones have two single beds, a little side table (in between their beds) and a very small desk.

I have a rule where the kids aren’t allowed to play in their rooms as such (no toys kept in their rooms) as it just causes too much mess and clutter. They mostly just read, and individually play on their bed with their dolls/TY toys etc. If they want to properly play or do art and craft, they go into the family room or outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are those measurement the floor space excluding the built in wardrobes? If so they’re good sized kids room imo.