+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Self isolating - plans?

So the government is imposing self isolation if you catch the virus, but I am wondering what everyone is doing to plan for this possibly happening?
    With what we have in the house right now I think we could just get by but it would all be on canned and packaged food after the first 5 or so days.

But I am wondering what is available for people in case you run out of food now that Coles and Wooolies have stopped the delivery service?

I know my parents would help and drop stuff round if asked like I would do for them, but not everyone has people that will do that for them.

So what's available for people that get stuck with low food or people that need like medications if they run out during the two weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know here in Vic if you are diagnosed you have a social worker from DHHS who checks on you daily so they may be able to each out to services on your behalf

Not my plan, I have family to help if needed... but some thoughts.

Our local IGA is doing deliveries still
    Meals on wheels
    Home delivery food (pizza etc) pay on the phone, get them to leave it at the door
    Frozen meals - now would be a good time for batch cooking?
    Our chemists combine and do a delivery service so that could be utilised for medication
    There hander been locals on Facebook offering to drop things off for those in need/ self isolation.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (22-03-2020),Mason98 (21-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I believe Woollies is doing home deliveries for people in isolation. You need to fill in a form to apply, not sure what the requirements are. I briefly considered doing it for my parents you are in self isolation for 14 days but decided i may as well just do their shopping for them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ivyninja For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (21-03-2020)