+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Went for a long walk with the kids this morning, saw plenty of people about in groups, mostly older kids. Starting to feel like those of us actually following social distancing guidelines are a minority, although rationally I know I have no sense of numbers. I have friends who are still sending kids to school because it's easier, not because they have to (totally get that some people have to). One texted this morning to ask if DD1 was at school. I said no. She said she gives her daughter the option each morning, so the kid is at school by choice. This is probably emotion talking, but right now I feel like I'm depriving my daughter of face to face teaching and social interaction for nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Went for a long walk with the kids this morning, saw plenty of people about in groups, mostly older kids. Starting to feel like those of us actually following social distancing guidelines are a minority, although rationally I know I have no sense of numbers. I have friends who are still sending kids to school because it's easier, not because they have to (totally get that some people have to). One texted this morning to ask if DD1 was at school. I said no. She said she gives her daughter the option each morning, so the kid is at school by choice. This is probably emotion talking, but right now I feel like I'm depriving my daughter of face to face teaching and social interaction for nothing.
    I was driving today and wanted to honk and wind down my window and say something. People are idiots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    In Vic where school is out and there is a LOT of talk of remote learning for all of Term 2, I'm now finally starting to notice a big drop in kids out and about. People seemed to need the measure of stopping school to finally take it seriously. At the supermarket this morning (hopefully last trip for at least 2 weeks!) and I would have only seen 2 mum's with kids in tow. On the streets it looks like only siblings (e.g. 2-3 kids out together with what looks like 2+ year age gaps) or a couple of kids with a parent on a walk. So good to see such an improvement from last week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    In Vic where school is out and there is a LOT of talk of remote learning for all of Term 2, I'm now finally starting to notice a big drop in kids out and about. People seemed to need the measure of stopping school to finally take it seriously. At the supermarket this morning (hopefully last trip for at least 2 weeks!) and I would have only seen 2 mum's with kids in tow. On the streets it looks like only siblings (e.g. 2-3 kids out together with what looks like 2+ year age gaps) or a couple of kids with a parent on a walk. So good to see such an improvement from last week!
    Even though we are breaking early next friday sooooo many kids wandering around my local Westfield with no parents I tow. Some i recognised from school are they in lower grades

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Has anyone looked at what are considered essential services in New Zealand's lockdown?

Butchers and Bakeries are NOT considered essential and have had to close, as have all takeaway/fastfood shops. Only supermarkets and corner stores are allowed to operate. I'm really surprised the first two aren't considered essential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scott Morrison is doing a press conference soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's on now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Scott Morrison is doing a press conference soon.
    I’m on a telecon - keep us updated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Has anyone looked at what are considered essential services in New Zealand's lockdown?

Butchers and Bakeries are NOT considered essential and have had to close, as have all takeaway/fastfood shops. Only supermarkets and corner stores are allowed to operate. I'm really surprised the first two aren't considered essential.
    Oh man. That is crazy I rely on them over Coles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    Oh man. That is crazy I rely on them over Coles.
    Me too!
    I went to the butcher's again today after reading that and also got meat for my parents.