Closed Thread
Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1031
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I have been but as we’ve had to let staff go and poor DH is coping most of the stress between all the landlords and tenants and he just needs more help to keep the business afloat

So far we’ve had 14 out of our 22 say they will send the boys back on May 11 as I’m assuming they are in similar positions with work and time off
    Can you work from home? I know it’s a bit trying but my entire office is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    In vic they seem to have made it very strict who they will accept at school, it clearly talks about where parents are unable to work from home and in cases involved with dhs. I’ve also seen talk of parents having to submit forms every week with work shifts and days required.
    I think qld is like this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our school stayed opened? I thought they all did? Our teacher only had 3 out of 22 in the last week though as majority were doing it on line
    We had 5 of 28 in the last week. Not sure who is going back next term apart from ds1 a girl in his class that’s all I know so far his best mate is but he is in another class

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m a vic teacher. I’m going in to work to supervise students tomorrow. I believe we have 9/240.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (16-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Can you work from home? I know it’s a bit trying but my entire office is.
    We’ve held off as long as we can but there is a ton of ingoing and outgoing reports and bond inspections and sales inspections to do and to be totally honest my home used to be my Santuary from the office and having to deal with people from here every day for the last 4 weeks literally gives you no where to escape or try get away from work and poor DS has been awesome but he’s literally got to be quiet all the time and it’s just not fair on him having his home turn into a stressful work environment for this long - it’s also the community presence we have , I went in for a few hours on Tuesday and had literally 4 walk ins looking to sell/buy so we need to all be seen again so we can hopefully get some more business to keep us going!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (16-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    We had 5 of 28 in the last week. Not sure who is going back next term apart from ds1 a girl in his class that’s all I know so far his best mate is but he is in another class
    Our WhatsApp class group has been going off all day and so far now 15 out of 22 kids will go back on the 11th May

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Yes but a tenant has also signed a legal contract to pay a certain amount until the lease expires. The rent is supposed to only change (go up or down) at the end of a lease term. So I don’t think saying that they jump on rent increases is a fair comment to make. It goes both ways. And yes, landlords need to be more reasonable. And so do tenants. Most I think are acting quite reasonably, the media jumps on the stories about the few (landlord and tenants) that are being idiots about it all.
    Also, as a landlord, one of the hardest things is trying to convince our property manager at the end of every lease term that we are happy with the tenant and don’t WANT a rent increase. So I guess I wouldn’t be quick to assume that all landlords jump on rent increases - perhaps the rent increase is being instigated by the agent.

I’ve seen a load of people online recently saying that landlords are awful people and shouldn’t have investment properties because it’s “greedy” ... I guess I just don’t understand it. We are renting our current place while leasing out the home we purchased, and maybe I’m strange, but I see rent as a financial obligation I signed up for, and therefore one I should be aiming to meet as a matter of priority. Much like a mortgage.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Aanya (17-04-2020),Chippa (16-04-2020),Mum-I-Am (17-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our WhatsApp class group has been going off all day and so far now 15 out of 22 kids will go back on the 11th May
    Even though I said I’m not sure I’m pretty positive slot of kids will be back esp as some of them had the last 3 weeks of term off and I’m pretty sure the mums would be going nuts right about now and we still have 1 week left

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    This is what Vic have done, children at school are "supervised" while they work through the same home learning program. Teachers may opt in to come in to supervise, but may not be forced and get paid so long as they are doing their job (providing a home learning program). So I'm sitting at home next to my kids supervising them with their work, while on my laptop doing my work, creating videos while they are on their lunch break and doing more work after bed. I imagine it's pretty similar to most work at home parents right now.
    Yes this exactly and the message has been totally clear that if you can learn from home you must learn from home but if you need support to contact your school. I’m not sure why they keep saying there is so much confusion, as far as I can tell it’s been crystal clear.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (16-04-2020),shadowangel0205 (16-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    The issue I have with this message they are sending is they don't really know how good children are at transmitting. I think if you look at the case of the daycare, 7 workers, 6 children and was it 12 family members? I'm curious if it was family of the workers or of the children?

I just know I have been had that many coughs, sneezes and food/spit (talking when eating) fly directly in my face over the years, I can't see how a contagious child doesn't spread it!

Edit to add: I usually teach upper primary, 11-12yos, and I cop all that. It's thousandfold down in the juniors and worse again in daycare/kindy!!
    Yeah that's what I instinctively think too, how could kids possibly not spread it. As I understand it, nobody quite understands why kids shed less of this particular virus. So I guess they do spread it, but less successfully. I haven't come across anything about specific numbers, but I assume there's some evidence out there if respected infectious disease types are saying this.