Closed Thread
Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Technically that wouldn’t be allowed either with the new rules, I also wonder if it’s better that they stay in one place rather than coming and going constantly. I know once husband leaves hospital he won’t be allowed back in for 24 hours either.
    Crap. Send them to your sisters i mean who will complain about that your having major surgery that’s no fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Did a quick chemist run after work and saw people gathered in groups eating lunch at picnic tables like it was just any old day! These people were adults too not kids or teens so they would definitely know the latest self isolating rules. Even DH has said doing a quick trip to Coles now scares him because people in our town are just not following the advice.
    I needed to go to IGA earlier.

People were very aware of space, but sober peyote are already becoming complacent, or just not thinking...
    a worker collecting a trolley...wearing gloves, but leaning on the the handle with bare arms
    Many people with disposable gives on in the store (customers), but I watched one lady touch her face about 3 times with gloves on.
    I watched a lady with a home made material face mask handle cash that she had in zip lock bags with bare hands (assuming she probably Glen 20'd it at home) but took change from cashier in said bare hands.

I went to the servo. Took my own disposable glove, opened my petrol cap, gloves on, fueled up, gloves off, into bin, closed fuel cap (zero contact gloves with myself or my car), tapped to pay.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (31-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I needed to go to IGA earlier.

People were very aware of space, but sober peyote are already becoming complacent, or just not thinking...
    a worker collecting a trolley...wearing gloves, but leaning on the the handle with bare arms
    Many people with disposable gives on in the store (customers), but I watched one lady touch her face about 3 times with gloves on.
    I watched a lady with a home made material face mask handle cash that she had in zip lock bags with bare hands (assuming she probably Glen 20'd it at home) but took change from cashier in said bare hands.

I went to the servo. Took my own disposable glove, opened my petrol cap, gloves on, fueled up, gloves off, into bin, closed fuel cap (zero contact gloves with myself or my car), tapped to pay.
    I don't wear gloves when I go to the supermarket, but I am sanitizing my hands before I get to the car and again when I get in, then washing them when I get home. You're seeing a few second window of someone's life, and I think you're going to drive yourself mad if you keep watching what everyone else is doing.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

BigRedV (30-03-2020),LoveMyWay (30-03-2020),PomPoms (30-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don’t know about where you live but everywhere around here all the stores have removed chairs and tables or stacked them so nobody can use them.
    I live in central Queensland the cafes here have removed their tables and chairs these were ones in a big park area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I don't wear gloves when I go to the supermarket, but I am sanitizing my hands before I get to the car and again when I get in, then washing them when I get home. You're seeing a few second window of someone's life, and I think you're going to drive yourself mad if you keep watching what everyone else is doing.
    These were examples right infront of my eyes. I didn't go looking.
    The wither pushing trolleys, I had to give way to, and the ladies at the checkout were infront of me. I'm not phased with what others do but it seems pointless to me, wearing gloves if you're going to touch your face etc anyway.

Fwiw, I sanitised my hands before and after the shop, didn't use gloves, and because the disinfectant wipes were empty, only got what I could carry

Thanks
    Reviews
    These were examples right infront of my eyes. I didn't go looking.
    The wither pushing trolleys, I had to give way to, and the ladies at the checkout were infront of me. I'm not phased with what others do but it seems pointless to me, wearing gloves if you're going to touch your face etc anyway.

Fwiw, I sanitised my hands before and after the shop, didn't use gloves, and because the disinfectant wipes were empty, only got what I could carry
    It's good that you're not phased with what others are doing. It's been said by so many to act as if everyone else is infected, and that we can only control our own actions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're happy for the kids to go to your sisters, and she's happy I don't see the harm.

There needs to be some sensible adaption in times like these. We are still seeing my mum, brother and sil as they're isolating like us
    I'm not sure that's actually permitted atm, unless they partucularly need your assistance or support?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

shadowangel0205 (30-03-2020),SJ565 (30-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I'm not sure that's actually permitted atm, unless they partucularly need your assistance or support?
    Technically it's probably not, but they live in the one house.

I'm currently (indefinately) solo parenting until my partner can come home, so I need help as otherwise I'll have to take 3 kids with me shopping, and that seems more risky than having them stay in isolation either at our home, or mum's (also isolating)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Aanya (30-03-2020),AdornedWithCats (31-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IMG_3932.jpg

Thank you for all your input, my sister sent me this last night, it seems that our situation may fit this so unless anymore restrictions come in in the next 6 days, we will continue with our plan.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1 (31-03-2020),BH-KatiesMum (31-03-2020),SSecret Squirrel (31-03-2020)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    It's good that you're not phased with what others are doing. It's been said by so many to act as if everyone else is infected, and that we can only control our own actions.
    I think people should act as if they are infected and don't want to spread it to others. That's what I've been doing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Kalina (31-03-2020)