+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Covid-19 (Coronavirus Chat)

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    It’s exhorbitant what we’re all being charged!

I paid $8.99 for a small bottle of hand sanitiser at the Chemist the other day.
    Broccoli was $16 a kg 2 weeks ago at my local food land. I’m sooooo glad I put my winter veggies in a month ago and doing more this weekend to space them out. I’ve peeled/cut up and zip locked bagged 2kg if carrots. My second fridge is sooooo full. I’ve got oranges and a couple whole watermelons in there plus cheese, eggs, butter.

I managed to get some flour this morning albeit the last pack on the shelf at 830am ! After it was restocked last night the worker I know told me.

My mum has stewed a heap of stone fruits and apples for me for the kids so that’s in the freezer aswell along with chips, peas, a couple roasts which I cut up for mini Rumps as it works out cheaper esp of lamb.

When I left woolies there was a family going out with 5 trolley loads of food, I mean seriously I could hear the Mum day give me back all the credit cards so I’ll assume they all went through seperately to get more of the limited products.

Even daycare have sent out an email last night saying they are having trouble getting their basic food such as pasta and rice from their supplier. Great so I’ll have to supply that now aswell for my kid to eat their lunch their

Thanks
    Reviews
    This virus spread simulator is fascinating. Takes you through mathematical modelling of various scenarios:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

NatM86 (22-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mod-Uniquey can you please fix the typo in the title? ie change carona to corona.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

atomicmama (21-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oops, typo! Have changed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (21-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks! My eye will stop twitching now

9. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (21-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. My OCD had me in overdrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $5.90 for a lettuce here, don’t even know the cost for mince as I haven’t seen any out for 2 weeks. Local country hospital has 1 maybe 2 iCU beds, main hospital an hour away has 17 for a massive area, if it’s full they usually get airlifted to Townsville.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a shop earlier this week just for some frozen veggies which I hate but I figured if it comes to it frozen veg is better then no veg. We don’t eat meat so grabbed some dried legumes for our meals and just got packs of cheap meats for our dogs. There really wasn’t much in my trolley and yet it still came to over $200! One thing I have bought in bulk loads the last few weeks is Youfoodz meals to fill the freezer with but I like having them on hand anyway for nights I don’t feel like cooking. A guy where DH works said his wife was abused and called horrid names and had her hand slammed between 2 trolleys breaking her finger as she bought food in bulk but she is the local meals on wheels lady so was buying for that and the person who was abusing her wouldn’t listen when she was trying to tell him that and, she is in her 60s and he was calling her a stupid sl*t and many other names. The police ended up getting involved but just shows how bad the panic buying is getting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    F.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    I did a shop earlier this week just for some frozen veggies which I hate but I figured if it comes to it frozen veg is better then no veg. We don’t eat meat so grabbed some dried legumes for our meals and just got packs of cheap meats for our dogs. There really wasn’t much in my trolley and yet it still came to over $200! One thing I have bought in bulk loads the last few weeks is Youfoodz meals to fill the freezer with but I like having them on hand anyway for nights I don’t feel like cooking. A guy where DH works said his wife was abused and called horrid names and had her hand slammed between 2 trolleys breaking her finger as she bought food in bulk but she is the local meals on wheels lady so was buying for that and the person who was abusing her wouldn’t listen when she was trying to tell him that and, she is in her 60s and he was calling her a stupid sl*t and many other names. The police ended up getting involved but just shows how bad the panic buying is getting.
    Omg that poor woman!! There's probably even Moe demand for them now than ever too some people are just wretched