+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    Please no judgement.

DD1 is still attending daycare, they actually have a really good process in place.

The twins are due to start next week. It’s terrible timing. I will need to return to work within the next month (nurse, critical care trained). What do I do? I’m torn but think while daycare is open they will need to go.
    No judgement. You are keeping people like me in a job for a little longer. The children are really getting their money's worth atm as they are getting far more attention than they would if the centre was full.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (27-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please no judgement.

DD1 is still attending daycare, they actually have a really good process in place.

The twins are due to start next week. It’s terrible timing. I will need to return to work within the next month (nurse, critical care trained). What do I do? I’m torn but think while daycare is open they will need to go.
    No judgement here. Ds1 is still at school til next Friday when term breaks early, ds2/dd are still at daycare. There is a huge drop there but most kids in with dd in the nursery are still there the days she goes. I’ve gotta keep working as long as I can and we have a good social distance policy in place nation wide.

You’ll just have to be prepared for when not if they close the centres which could also happen in the next month

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (27-03-2020),amiracle4me (27-03-2020),Mum-I-Am (27-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So while everyone is being nice. What About our nanny. I know she needs the income and her family is sensible, where would she fall in the lock down?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (27-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please no judgement.

Zero judgement. Ds is still going to daycare while we can and my others are still at school (today will be their last day). As I said to dh, with the already strict hygiene practices and now the additional protocols on top, there’s more chance of germs being picked up at the shop or even home. In saying that, there is only a small number of children at his centre anyway so general illnesses haven’t really had a chance to kick off and there’s limited people coming and going anyway (and now only 1 person per family is allowed to enter).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Zero judgement. Ds is still going to daycare while we can and my others are still at school (today will be their last day). As I said to dh, with the already strict hygiene practices and now the additional protocols on top, there’s more chance of germs being picked up at the shop or even home. In saying that, there is only a small number of children at his centre anyway so general illnesses haven’t really had a chance to kick off and there’s limited people coming and going anyway (and now only 1 person per family is allowed to enter).
    We have to drop at the door now. No one can go into the centre. Might make the babies transition easy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So while everyone is being nice. What About our nanny. I know she needs the income and her family is sensible, where would she fall in the lock down?
    Id keep the nanny and maybe use the nanny more over daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Id keep the nanny and maybe use the nanny more over daycare.
    The concern thee is loosing spots or still paying fees. Fees are 134 per kid and we don’t get any rebate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’d keep the nanny if you can even under Lockdown it should be classed as essential as yourself and dh will both be on the front line

As for care we got an email yesterday to say in the event of lockdown no one will be paying fees so if enquiry at your centre if that will be the case aswell plus It’ll work out cheaper with the nanny if she can stay

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (27-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    To be fair tho it’s the responsibility of the people who own the op shop to close it. As of today I think they’re still allowed to be open, as are other clothing stores in Westfields. Until they get told by the PM to shut them it’s a bit of a grey area. If the shops open then people have the right to walk in. Everyone’s got to keep the wheels turning. If the money they make goes onto support people and families doing it tough after losing their jobs then at least it’s helped a bit. All the major clothes chains are just still open doors for profit. I haven’t seen the news today but yesterday we weren’t on full lockdown. Until the PM says we are some areas are grey.. the queue to get into Aldi yesterday was huge so people had to stand near each other!! There needs to be greater clarity from the Government as we’re very much fence sitting atm.
    Yes I agree her work should be making a decision, unfortunately they aren’t the best workplace, they really don’t seem to care about their employees at all. Such a shame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Uber eats take about 30% of the bill though so we try to avoid them when we can, since we’re trying to go out of our way to support smaller businesses. I’ve noticed a couple of local places starting to do their own delivery rather than outsourcing it so we might have to focus on those ones. I’m sure places will soon figure out ways to do contactless pick ups.
    Our local pubs are all doing pick up from the bottle shop drive through. One of our local restaurants has partnered with their sister shop and we can order a mix of dumplings/Mexican in one order and pick up with strict social distancing in place. We ended up getting pizza last night and the shop was entirely dead according to hubby who picked it up.