+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Domestic travel amid Corona virus

Looking for advice.
    We have a trip to Tasmania booked in a few weeks time, we’ll be flying from Melbourne. I‘ll be 25 weeks pregnant, travelling with hubby and toddler. My obstetrician has said there are no domestic travel restrictions yet, but general advice companies are giving is to cease interstate travel. Airlines are advising it’s safe to fly domestically but today for the first time I’m feeling anxious about it. We aren’t planning to travel anywhere crowded but more nature sightseeing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The advice re travel is intended to keep people from potentially carrying the virus to new locations. A person could carry it interstate, or back home with them, without knowing. There's no ban as such. But tbh I think the most responsible thing to do is to not travel right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sathwa View Post
    Looking for advice.
    We have a trip to Tasmania booked in a few weeks time, we’ll be flying from Melbourne. I‘ll be 25 weeks pregnant, travelling with hubby and toddler. My obstetrician has said there are no domestic travel restrictions yet, but general advice companies are giving is to cease interstate travel. Airlines are advising it’s safe to fly domestically but today for the first time I’m feeling anxious about it. We aren’t planning to travel anywhere crowded but more nature sightseeing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I’m actually in a similar boat. I was planning to go down to Hobart with my almost 3yo DD over Easter to see my folks. I haven’t booked flights yet - I almost did last week before some of the more severe restrictions were kicking in around the world. I’m now not sure what to do. I’ll be around 29 weeks when we were planning to go. Mum is actually coming up next week so I am going to chat to her about it. Mind you, the reason we were going is because DH had to go to Adelaide for a work trip over Easter and that looks like it might be getting canned so it would mean I wouldn’t need to go away. I’m a little concerned now about when I DO have baby though (late June/early July) my mum and sister were both going to fly to us and tag team around when I’m due to help with DD. Not sure how that’s going to go now either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

sathwa (24-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I’m actually in a similar boat. I was planning to go down to Hobart with my almost 3yo DD over Easter to see my folks. I haven’t booked flights yet - I almost did last week before some of the more severe restrictions were kicking in around the world. I’m now not sure what to do. I’ll be around 29 weeks when we were planning to go. Mum is actually coming up next week so I am going to chat to her about it. Mind you, the reason we were going is because DH had to go to Adelaide for a work trip over Easter and that looks like it might be getting canned so it would mean I wouldn’t need to go away. I’m a little concerned now about when I DO have baby though (late June/early July) my mum and sister were both going to fly to us and tag team around when I’m due to help with DD. Not sure how that’s going to go now either.
    Sorry a late response as I haven't logged on since posting! We ended up cancelling our trip before all the travel restrictions came in and now that would have been the case anyway. Did your Mum end up travelling to see you? Hoping things are in a better place by end of June/July, for your family to come help you. I'm also due early July and really hoping we're through the worst of this by then. Take care of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope, cancelled her flights the day before as Tas got put on lockdown for non essential travel. We are staying put over Easter now and just going to ride this thing out. It’s so bloody hard when your family are interstate, as we now don’t know the next time we’ll see my family face to face.