+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info. My ex is on a 2 year contract and if he loses his job and has them more he will probably be entitled to a lot of child support from me and I will be screwed. He isn’t paying me any child support at the moment and hasn’t offered anything. We left nearly 4 weeks ago. As the kids get older I may be happy for them to stay at his place over 3 nights a week but it’s the ex mil’s influence on them that worries me the most. Also, the problem with the narcissistic personalities of my ex and ex mil is that even if I said yes to 3 nights a week, they would then push for 4 nights a week. Nothing ever ends or is ever good enough for those 2! I feel so alone being pressured by these 2. That’s why I left but I still feel like I have no one batting for the kids and I. Maybe the best thing is to see a solicitor ASAP. Anyone know how much they charge per session? It makes me sad because this could have been amicable if the ex mil would have butt out!!! Surely if it goes to court the judge wouldn’t rule my youngest (2 year old) to stay 3 nights a week. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A lot of solicitors have a free consult. Definitely take advantage of those. Otherwise, expect to pay upwards of $400 / $500 an hour. I am aware of a family lawyer in Brisbane who has online consults that are cheaper. *(well she was around a few years ago when I was looking)

There are free options available too - Check out Womens Legal Service in your area (limited to 15 minute F2F consults, or you could also phone them. Community legal services offer free consults, also Relationships Australia have free legal services.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I rang Women’s legal services last week and they put me though to a volunteer who had to go back and forth to the solicitor. She was helpful but I would rather talk directly to a solicitor. Their answer was the same as most services that I have contacted. That it’s up to us as parents and if it can’t be done amicably then mediation or court. Regarding, ex mil I was told that I can’t do anything about her. Frustrating!