+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @rach1186 Thank you! Yes I'm definitely lucky that we've got two sets of ovaries to work with In saying that, her AMH was very low for her age and so I guess we'll see how that goes when we get to that stage.

I'm originally from NZ (but been here 15 years) so it would be moving back, getting to be around my family, which I think is partly what the desire to have a child is all about - getting to experience close family again...and there's lots of ways to do that! I have a young niece and another on the way so I'm trying to keep in mind that either way there'll be kids in my life!

You're totally right on the physical and emotional burden of IVF. After my miscarriage I was terrified that that just might be what my journey looks like...loss, failure, more loss...it's incredibly hard to stare that down. And then there's the trying again, the upswing of hope, then the maybe-crash into sadness again...it's a lot! I've been trying hard to identify what my best coping mechanisms are...being outside, keeping busy, meditation, urgh! A psychologist if I really need it. Mostly I just want to hide from the world when it's all going on...which probably isn't workable considering how long it all takes!

Have you got an active plan in place for how you're going to look after yourself through it all?

But agreed...there is never anything wrong with setting a limit or hitting that limit. It's not giving up, it's just trying until it doesn't feel right to try anymore. Takes a lot of strength either way <3

And puppy babies are the best! Cheaper too
    Last edited by BBBB; 13-03-2020 at 11:19.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (13-03-2020),BabyO (14-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh totally just had cramping and was convinced it was my period and definitely it was all over But....no bleeding and the cramping seems to be easing. No usual PMS signs like sore boobs. No nausea today but definite fatigue...which could be BFP or PMS. OHMYGOD IVF is such a headtrip! The 2WW is so awful! I honestly feel for everyone here so much!
    Last edited by BBBB; 13-03-2020 at 11:24.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

Dash of hope (13-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
    @rach1186 argh keep us posted if you test! I seriously want to test now that it's getting close to when my period would be due, but stuck waiting til Sunday
    @Ashabelle sorry to hear about your loss. You're definitely not alone in that, there's a few of us here to try again after a miscarriage. I hope this is your round!
    @rach1186 and @Ashabelle - ergh medicated cycles are so hard for 2ww! I've only done one medicated and it made me insane. Every single pregnancy symptom is due to progesterone and when you're on stacks of it it is literally impossible to know what's synthetic hormones and what's your own. It's so rough! Thinking of you both!
    I know right!! This is my 4th 2WW. I know the law of averages says this one shouldn’t work but a girl can hope right?

Im on progesterone injections this time and the butt bruises are killing me. I have no signs or symptoms like I did in previous rounds. Nada. Just the occasional heart flutter which I had last time so hoping that’s a good sign. From what I’ve researched, the injections don’t have as many side affects as the tablets so here’s hoping it’s just that! (I’m on pessaries as well 400mg x3)

Last time I tested positive 5 days after transfer so ima POAS next week haha 🙈

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ashabelle I hear you. This is just my third 2ww, but I can't say they're any more fun. You're definitely allowed to hope!

Ugh any longterm injections suck. Butt bruises is especially mean! How long will they get you to stay on them?

I think I've given up on signs and symptoms...they honestly can mean or not mean anything, it's so crazy! And progesterone supplements masks everything. It's the worst.

Haha you're very brave with testing! Keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BBBB hopefully not too long!! Though I think if things work out I’ll be on it until the end of the first tri! 🙈

Just today I’ve started to get heart flutters and a small wave of dizziness every now and again. This is what happened last time too so I’m hoping this is a good sign!! I also feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. 😂

Hope your 2WW is going ok!! How long until you find out?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashabelle For This Useful Post:

BBBB (14-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am but weird. I get almost same symptoms with bfp and bfn cycles 🤦‍♀️

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe in miracles For This Useful Post:

BBBB (14-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ashabelle those are good signs! When next week are you planning on testing?!

I'm going to test tomorrow morning... and at this rate, I'm fairly optimistic that it's going to be positive! I dunno...I've just had a good feeling since transfer, plus my period still hasn't arrived, I've had similar light cramping like last time, and I have no PMS symptoms (and mine are always the same, like clockwork) and I've been getting mild nausea... eep I'll be shocked and devastated if I'm wrong!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (14-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
    That's an amazing result! Haha I love everyone's dog plans! We already have a big cuddly maremma but I've told my partner that if this baby business doesn't work out, be prepared to live in a small zoo
    we have 3 fur babies and DH is already talking about adding a 4th if this (our last) stim cycle fails 20191231_213721.jpg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyO For This Useful Post:

BBBB (14-03-2020),LS2610 (16-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD1 today, so here we go again eekkk
    Last time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyO View Post
    we have 3 fur babies and DH is already talking about adding a 4th if this (our last) stim cycle fails
    Ohmygod they're adorable! I love this fur-baby thread! It's a lovely distraction from all the 2WW madness. So much love already in these little families.

Here's my big galumph and her two little buddies always crowding her out of her bed

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

(edit to say the cat is wearing a clown collar because we're trying to stop him killing birds...it's not just an outfit lol)
    Last edited by BBBB; 14-03-2020 at 09:09.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (14-03-2020),BabyO (14-03-2020),Dash of hope (16-03-2020),LS2610 (16-03-2020)