+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A couple of years ago DH took our DD to Perth for a holiday for 5 days to see one of the English soccer teams. I stayed home with DS (we needed someone at home for our pets and we thought DS would get bored at a few of their activities and the game). It was totally fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Enjoy yourself! Nothing wrong with leaving a child at home, you said yourself they will be well looked after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it makes you feel any better, from a child development perspective, 2 year olds have an extremely limited concept of "time". So whether you're gone for half and hour or 10 days, they dont actually have the brain capacity to comprehend. So it's the same to them. Not to say they wont notice and miss you, but they are very easily distracted because they live in the moment, also once you're back it isnt likely that you're leaving will be remembered long term. There is a lovely little child development theory called infantile amnesia, which means, a toddler at 2 wont remember. Oh and here is a research article for "proof" because there's always that 'one' who likes to jump up demanding "proof".
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5473198/

Personally I couldnt do it because Im a giant sook and I'd ruin my own holiday stressing. But just know, it will be harder on you than your 2 year old (who wont remember). Especially if you beat yourself up about it. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went overseas for 10 days with a friend when my daughter was 2.5yrs old and she stayed at home with her dad (I know you specifically asked about taking one child and leaving the other) but for my situation personally it was fine.

Iā€™d only ever previously been away from her for one night which was due to me having to stay in hospital.

Naturally I felt a little anxious and guilty on the lead up and when I was on the plane, but once I got to my destination I was so busy the time actually flew by and dare I say it was actually quite refreshing having a break from day to day life!

I spoke to her on FaceTime every day and hubby sent me plenty of videos so I could see what she was up to. She was always happy to talk and I think she quite liked the time alone with her dad.

I hope you enjoy the trip!