Closed Thread
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it’s true..... BH not closing!
    IMG_5377.jpg

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (21-07-2020),gorgeousgeorge (21-07-2020),gypsychild (23-07-2020),Makeuplover40 (21-07-2020),Notalone (21-07-2020),Riverview (21-07-2020),tinker27 (25-07-2020),Vicky74 (01-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    I think it’s true..... BH not closing!
    Attachment 104386

Hooray, great news!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riverview For This Useful Post:

Notalone (21-07-2020),Vicky74 (01-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulsh View Post
    HEADS UP - RANT AND QUESTIONS COMING IN MY POST - SORRY IN ADVANCE!
    I’m venting too…

I was going to respond to this when I first saw it, but couldn't.

I don’t know how you can calm your farm. Its F@#king hard. I repeat every cliché in the book to myself at times. It does not help that I’m working from home alone and just have the radio for company.
    If you work out a way let me know.

At the moment I’m just trying to stay away from friends who have crazy conspiracy theories and I mentally switch off when the news talks about covid relating things. Otherwise, I think I would loose my shyte.

I’m not much behind you in age, I turn 46 next June. And yes its really playing on my mind, as well as I have noticed changes with my period… So, if it takes too long I feel like I’m screwed.
    One good thing, it has convinced me before I do go, I will have that procedure whose name I have forgotten were they go in and take a good look around to see if there’s any issues… (sorry, I think it’s a hysteroscopy or laparoscopy, but… not sure).

At the moment, my thinking re going is, I will wait and see. If later in the year they let us do the 2 weeks quarantine at home. I will apply to go in October or November. Personally I don’t like the idea of two weeks in a hotel after all the cases in Melb that have come from the hotel quarantine. I don’t want to add that stress to the rest of my stresses.

At this stage, I’m not ready to give up. I am a bit worried its starting to become an obsession. I don’t know how to stop that. But, the reality is for me, I’ve always wanted to have kids. I feel like such an idiot, when I was in my 20s I wanted four kids… and here I am at 45, single with none and many cycles of IVF behind me. Still hoping to get lucky one day.

I got really upset the other day when my Dad told me, it was my fault, I should of started trying earlier. Then I started laughing. My Dad is 80, and an old school wog. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t getting a lecture about getting married, or asked why are you not married etc… and he’s now giving me a lecture about how I should of started trying to have a kid on my own earlier. Seriously, when did that change happen.

My background in Greek so I’m not that worried about getting stuck there. Financially it will be hard, but I see it in two ways. If my transfer doesn’t work, at least I’m there to try again (If my visa card still loves me). If it does work, staying in a quiet village, in a simple little house near the sea would be ok for a month or two away from all the news of the world to keep me calm. I might be bored out of my mind. But I can read all those books, I have on my kindle waiting to be read. I’m trying to look on the positive side of that. I don’t know how I would really cope. Plus, I have elderly parents in Aust to worry about.

And if there’s a restructure at my work, which is the latest rumours doing the rounds. I don’t know how that will change things again. I’m not thinking about that yet.

Have you tried melatonin to help you sleep?
    I got is prescribed while doing IVF, helps improve egg quality I think… and that helped me sleep. (I’m an insomniac). So I got my doc to give me another prescription.

I don’t know if any of this helps you hopefulsh. But im sending you a BIG HUG.
    The point is your not the only one considering all this stuff.
    I really wish I knew the answers.

My best bet will be that we will get to go early next year and freezing our buts off in Greece!
    But my fingers and legs are all crossed, that someone finds a magical vaccine or cure and we get to go in Oct/Nov!

Best wishes to all.
    Hopefully things get better, and someone gets out of the country to have a go soon,
    and then gets back in safely, with a baby or two on board!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (21-07-2020),gypsychild (23-07-2020),Kalina (21-07-2020),Makeuplover40 (21-07-2020),Notalone (23-07-2020),Phia (28-07-2020),Riverview (24-07-2020),Vicky74 (01-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a side note, I just spoke to my uncle in Greece. There case numbers have gone up with the influx of tourists.
    Everyone must wear masks. Also gloves if your serving people or cooking items for sale. The fine for not wearing a mask is €150.
    There currently still open for business, no real talk about shutting everything down yet.
    No govt cash incentives, so people need to work otherwise... No cash... That parts not good.

And... Fingers crossed...
    According to a news article I just read... Looks like they may have a promising vaccine in England. Although it's like the flu vaccine. You would need to have it once a year.

Trying not to get too excited.

I am excited bubhub isn't closing.
    😇

Lastly, if your in any other state were the numbers are rising get some reusable mask now. Just in case. Supposedly were running out of elastic in melb now. Everyone is buying material to make masks.
    Last edited by 1greenfrog; 21-07-2020 at 22:16.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (24-07-2020),Makeuplover40 (22-07-2020),Notalone (23-07-2020),Riverview (24-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, today I got approval to travel from Brisbane to North Cyprus. OMG I’m so excited and scared all at the same time. I still have fears but not sure if I should wait or bite the bullet and go and enjoy the adventure 😀.

Stay safe everyone xx

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (26-07-2020),Aussiesofftogreece (26-07-2020),Goldie25 (25-07-2020),gypsychild (25-07-2020),Kalina (25-07-2020),Makeuplover40 (25-07-2020),Mydreambaby (07-08-2020),Phia (28-07-2020),Riverview (02-10-2020),SJ565 (25-07-2020),stacey10 (27-07-2020),Sweetu72 (26-07-2020),tinker27 (25-07-2020),Unicorn78 (25-07-2020),Vicky74 (31-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi, today I got approval to travel from Brisbane to North Cyprus. OMG I’m so excited and scared all at the same time. I still have fears but not sure if I should wait or bite the bullet and go and enjoy the adventure .

Stay safe everyone xx
    That's so exciting @Amandamoo. I'm hoping to go back to North Cyprus later this year too. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. All the best.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn78 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (25-07-2020),Phia (28-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, today I got approval to travel from Brisbane to North Cyprus. OMG I’m so excited and scared all at the same time. I still have fears but not sure if I should wait or bite the bullet and go and enjoy the adventure .

Stay safe everyone xx
    Congratulations @Amandamoo that is super exciting! Do you have embryos waiting for you? If so do you think that is why they approved? We would be going to Greece for the first time so I'm just wondering if we would have any chance of being approved.

On a separate note, has anyone here started with looking for an egg donor but then switched to looking for embryo donation? Did it take you sometime to have to mentally adjust? As per my past posts we have started looking for an ED in Australia since we can't get to Greece but my clinic keeps telling me it would be much quicker if we would apply for embryo donation. Mentally I'm finding this a little difficult as I had come to terms with our child not having my DNA but haven't yet gotten my head around no DNA from hubby either. Any advice??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (25-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #20

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulsh View Post
    HEADS UP - RANT AND QUESTIONS COMING IN MY POST - SORRY IN ADVANCE!

I had a very sleepless night last night thinking exactly about this.
    I turn 46 at the end of this year, currently live in a hotspot in Liverpool NSW Australia.
    I have a mortgage, a car and a credit card to pay off

So many questions going on in my mind...
    Do I apply for special clearance? Do I wait? Do I apply for some of my super to pay for all of this? Am I too old? If I get special clearance will everyone go into lockdown and will I get stuck in Greece and not be able to come back to Australia for some time? What about the exchange rate? Living expenses will be expensive if I get stuck over there. Do I wait for travel restrictions to overseas countries to ease and then plan to go? Or do I take all my medical diagnosis and what's happening in the world as a sign that my time is up for wanting a child and I need to come to terms with all this and make peace that I will never have a child

I didn't get off to sleep last night with all these questions going through my mind last night. Lots of tears quietly flowed whilst my partner slept peacefully (farting away in his sleep but still sleeping nonetheless lol) I'm surviving my day at work on 3hours sleep today and still fighting the tears. I just don't know what to do.

Does anyone else wonder about getting stuck in Greece if they apply for special consideration and all countries go into lockdown again?

Sorry - I've got so much on my mind and time is passing age wise very quickly for me.

Sorry for the venting but am I the only one wondering all this?
    How is everyone coping through all this?
    Any suggestions on how I can calm my farm?
    I'm already on medical cbd oil to try to help me sleep better, clearly that didn't do any good last night.

Big hugs to you all and congrats to those who have been successful on their journey to motherhood. I truly and sincerely am happy for you lovely ladies who have been been successful.
    @hopefulsh I feel like you have explained exactly what I am going though. Word to word. Just wanted to reach out and say your not alone in feeling this way.
    For me I thought about applying for permission then decided against it. Given the risk. But haven’t given up hope in being a mom. Hopeful that all of us will reach that milestone soon. Hugs

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinker27 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (25-07-2020),Riverview (02-10-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    Congratulations @Amandamoo that is super exciting! Do you have embryos waiting for you? If so do you think that is why they approved? We would be going to Greece for the first time so I'm just wondering if we would have any chance of being approved.

On a separate note, has anyone here started with looking for an egg donor but then switched to looking for embryo donation? Did it take you sometime to have to mentally adjust? As per my past posts we have started looking for an ED in Australia since we can't get to Greece but my clinic keeps telling me it would be much quicker if we would apply for embryo donation. Mentally I'm finding this a little difficult as I had come to terms with our child not having my DNA but haven't yet gotten my head around no DNA from hubby either. Any advice??

Thank you 😊.
    I do have an embryo waiting that was made in January this year. I’m not sure if that’s why I was approved.

I was okay with doing embryo donation because my husband and I often have my nephew (partly because my brother has 6 kids) and we used to say we would be forever grateful if we could have him lol.
    So with that thought it made us think we just want a baby it’s not about the DNA. This is just where we are at, I’m not saying I’m right the way I think. There is no wrong or right 😀.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (25-07-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, today I got approval to travel from Brisbane to North Cyprus. OMG I’m so excited and scared all at the same time. I still have fears but not sure if I should wait or bite the bullet and go and enjoy the adventure 😀.

Stay safe everyone xx
    Great news @Amandamoo 😁

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (26-07-2020)