+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to watch the numbers for Greece @Positive1 - they are currently under AU infection number. If Greece explodes in 48-hours the way Italy did because they were actually testing properly and providing correct numbers, and now Germany is on the cusp of exploding after their numbers spiked, then that will be a concern. If Greece can contain the number and isolate those currently infected or people they’ve come into contact with ideally at home or in hospital and stabilise the number it is good news - but Europe’s been on a slow burn these past five days. We need to see where it is all at in 5-days-time before making a call....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Riverview For This Useful Post:

Positive1 (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those looking at booking things coming up, just to let you know, this is not an advert (!) as I’ve never booked with them before but I signed up to Agoda two weeks ago and the past five days they are sending me soooo many discount coupons - I just got sent a $150 off deal...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riverview For This Useful Post:

emilyc (06-03-2020),Positive1 (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverview View Post
    For those looking at booking things coming up, just to let you know, this is not an advert (!) as I’ve never booked with them before but I signed up to Agoda two weeks ago and the past five days they are sending me soooo many discount coupons - I just got sent a $150 off deal...
    The travel industry is going to take a huge hit, you should see some of the deals coming through and sales etc. It is crazy, hate to see where my job will be in a couple months lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emilyc For This Useful Post:

Riverview (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverview View Post
    You need to watch the numbers for Greece @Positive1 - they are currently under AU infection number. If Greece explodes in 48-hours the way Italy did because they were actually testing properly and providing correct numbers, and now Germany is on the cusp of exploding after their numbers spiked, then that will be a concern. If Greece can contain the number and isolate those currently infected or people they’ve come into contact with ideally at home or in hospital and stabilise the number it is good news - but Europe’s been on a slow burn these past five days. We need to see where it is all at in 5-days-time before making a call....
    thanks @Riverview , I noticed in this morning the Greece number jumped to 31, it was quite high jumped compared to last night it was 10. (if I am not wrong).

i know no one can say anything, waiting game. I really want to vomit now and get all these out of my way. Will see how we go..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    I was having the same discussion with friends last night. They seem to think (I'm looking to go mid May), for me to wait till a month before, because they will cancel flights before they make the tickets any cheaper. So, just less flights, less seats.

At this stage I'm waiting till mid April. But I'm pretty sure I'm going whatever happens. Famous last words!

I was in Taiwan during the bird flu, and China during pig flu. I know this is different. Unless the govt stops me leaving Australia, I'm OK if I have to self quarantine for a couple of weeks when I come back. Work will just have to be without me for a couple more weeks.

On a side note, people who have been to embryoland, did you just follow Dr Nickos protocol, or did you do his, and add the other bits and pieces mixed in that I have done for the other 10 cycles I've done here??
    So far he only wants me to take progenova before I go to Greece...
    Thoughts?
    Hi there

I have a Fantastic FS/OBGYN in Melbourne who assisted me to prepare before going to Athens.

This included ERA test,: dummy cycles, blood tests, hysteroscopy and D&C.

On top of this, I did 3 months of acupuncture before and after transfer.

I also took - folate, probiotics, elevit, vitamin D, iron and anti biotics.
    Then after transfer I added aspirin, calcium and clexane.

I had intralipids with Dr Nikos and of course the progynova and Utrogestan pessories.

I think each individual is so unique and personally believe having a good and thorough- FS is paramount before going to greece.

Dr Nikos is amazing and will always transfer the best embryo.

But if the “oven” is broken... or not working properly ....no matter how good the embryo is.... the “bun” won’t cook!

I Hope this helps and of course is just my personal experience and opinion xx

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (06-03-2020),Makeuplover40 (06-03-2020),Phia (14-03-2020),Riverview (07-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gypsychild I also went to Iakentro in Athens through Ruth & traveled with our 5 year old. You'll find Greece is very kid friendly, everyone just doted on him! The national gardens are great, has a good kids playground also. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment in central Athens right near Acropolis museum which is only a 20 min taxi ride to clinic. Getting around via taxi is very easy, use the Beat app. There is also a shopping mall near the clinic which has a good indoor kids playcentre. We also spent time along the athenian riviera in glyfada which is very family friendly, easy to walk around, lots of playgrounds, all the cafes cater to kids also.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mydreambaby For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (06-03-2020),Riverview (07-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gypsychild I took my 2yr old on my trip in November and I second the national gardens playground. It also has a nice duck pond and some goats and other animals to check out.
    My son loved the train that’s takes you from syntagma square around plaka. We also took the open top bus up to the acropolis. He enjoyed everything as long as I was armed with snacks for the boring bits!. The restaurants are very family friendly too and they are great with kids. As we went very late November for a flying visit, we didn’t head to the beaches in Glyfada but have been there by tram in previous visits and would also recommend.
    Best of luck

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (06-03-2020),Riverview (07-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also we stayed at a hotel called InnAthens which is right near syntagma square. It was excellent.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to everyone travelling soon
    The extra stress of the virus must be terrible, hoping those of you that decide to go in the next few months keep healthy and all have positive outcomes

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeeLee1980 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (07-03-2020),gypsychild (07-03-2020),Positive1 (08-03-2020),Riverview (07-03-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to all the ladies with your recent successes. And to all of us in waiting, Good Luck!!

Just wondering how everyone is planning there trips to Embryoland around the Coronavirus? Is anyone concerned.
    I have just had my results back post failed transfer last Nov and am on full protocol planning.
    Turns out I don’t metabolise Folic acid and have high levels of “killer cells” thus rejecting embryos. Otherwise my uterus is in good nick and am fit to go! Yeay

Look forward to planning for June!
    Xxx

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genia For This Useful Post:

Aussiesofftogreece (07-03-2020),Riverview (07-03-2020)