+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I notice a lot of you, including myself, worry about age creeping up on you particularly given the COVID-19 issue and needing to delay cycles til next year.

Anyone willing to share their age and hopefully some positive stories about having a successful pregnancy through donor eggs?

I’m turning 40 in January and am starting to worry it won’t happen for us.

Any thoughts on the age thing? Or is it not a worry when using a donor?

When should I really start to worry...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA39 View Post
    Hi ladies, I notice a lot of you, including myself, worry about age creeping up on you particularly given the COVID-19 issue and needing to delay cycles til next year.

Anyone willing to share their age and hopefully some positive stories about having a successful pregnancy through donor eggs?

I’m turning 40 in January and am starting to worry it won’t happen for us.

Any thoughts on the age thing? Or is it not a worry when using a donor?

When should I really start to worry...?
    Hi @ RCA39 I'm from the South African thread. I had my gorgeous little boy from donor eggs (donor was 20 at the time) nearly 2 years ago when I was 45 and peri menopausal.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweetu72 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (Yesterday),Positive1 (06-04-2020),RCA39 (06-04-2020),Riverview (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @RCA39 you actually have plenty of time up your sleeve even if you don’t feel like you do atm, 50 is the age cut off for Greece, so logically looking at it you have 10 years to play with.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

RCA39 (06-04-2020),Riverview (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am turning 40 this year. Hence the panic . I have been trying for the last 10 years , i have reached my half mark before greece cut off at 50. because I took last year off ivf to save up some money now kicking myself. But no one could have predicted this global pandemic .. I know I sound petty when I am worried about having A baby (at least 1) when so many people are dying. A bit selfish of me I guess. I know you guys can relate and this is the only place I can truly admit to this and I am so great full for this community...,

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tinker27 For This Useful Post:

Aussiesofftogreece (06-04-2020),gypsychild (Yesterday),Makeuplover40 (06-04-2020),Positive1 (06-04-2020),RCA39 (06-04-2020),Riverview (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just turned 42 and not worrying at all about my age - incredibly after fretting all throughout my 30s with infertility and the clock ticking, it’s now the age of the egg donor that’s more important and I feel relief for the first time that the clock is, for the time being, off my shoulders!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riverview For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (Yesterday),Makeuplover40 (06-04-2020),RCA39 (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker27 View Post
    I am turning 40 this year. Hence the panic . I have been trying for the last 10 years , i have reached my half mark before greece cut off at 50. because I took last year off ivf to save up some money now kicking myself. But no one could have predicted this global pandemic .. I know I sound petty when I am worried about having A baby (at least 1) when so many people are dying. A bit selfish of me I guess. I know you guys can relate and this is the only place I can truly admit to this and I am so great full for this community...,
    Not selfish at all. We all understand the emotional Pain that comes with yearning for a child. For people who don’t battle with infertility they will never understand.

I fell pregnant at 37 with donor eggs and had Bubs at 38.
    I am now 39 and pregnant with number 2 from Embryoland. (40 in December)

You have plenty of time especially as you will use donor eggs. Try not to let age Bother you.

I hope so much that you can go this year.
    Everyday that you’re not pregnant or trying would be heartbreaking. I get it. I’ve been there xox

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (Yesterday),Makeuplover40 (06-04-2020),RCA39 (06-04-2020),Riverview (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - you’ve no idea how much better that has made me feel.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RCA39 For This Useful Post:

Aussiesofftogreece (06-04-2020),gypsychild (Yesterday),Riverview (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From another point of view, what worries me the most about the delay in going to Greece is every month delayed is a month bigger the age difference will be between my son and any sibling we are lucky enough to have. My son will already be four in August this year so next year I would be looking at a five year age gap at least.

Anyone here have a large age gap between babies and they still manage to have a fun and close relationship?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    From another point of view, what worries me the most about the delay in going to Greece is every month delayed is a month bigger the age difference will be between my son and any sibling we are lucky enough to have. My son will already be four in August this year so next year I would be looking at a five year age gap at least.

Anyone here have a large age gap between babies and they still manage to have a fun and close relationship?
    @gypsychild I could have written this myself a couple of years ago. When we started trying for #2 the plan was to have a two year age gap. Plans right? My first was four when eventually we turned to donor eggs, but it still took a few goes, so to cut a long story short there is almost exactly six years between my two girls.
    A couple of years ago that seemed massive, but all I see now are the benefits of a larger gap. It's early days so I can't say for sure that they'll be close, but I do get the feeling that they will - there's so much mutual adoration going on!
    I read somewhere once that the age gap you end up with will feel right whatever it is - it does feel like that to me now 😊

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (Yesterday),RCA39 (Yesterday),Riverview (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aok how are you doing? You must be nearly 39 weeks?? I hope you’re ok with all this crazy corona virus stuff going on. I hope you have a safe and wonderful delivery.

I found out last week I’m having b/g twins ❤️ very exciting, but like everyone I really wish there wasn’t a pandemic going on.
    Everything was looking great at my scan. Fingers crossed it continues.

On the age thing I had my son at 44 and I have now turned 47!

I hope all those waiting get to travel towards the end of the year or early next year. x

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Aussiesofftogreece (Yesterday),gypsychild (Today),Makeuplover40 (Yesterday),RCA39 (Yesterday)