+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I'm so glad to have found this forum and even more glad that it isn't closing!

This is my first time posting as I am very new to this group. I can't tell you how comforting it has been to be following all your stories especially at the moment.

My husband and I had everything sorted to head over and see Dr N in May. As we all know too well, those plans didn't pan out.

We are currently trying to figure out whether to continue with our plans to head to Greece in the near future, wait it out a bit with our fingers crossed, or do our cycle in Australia.

I'm just wondering, if there is anyone who is going over to see Dr N in the next few months and can tell me what the process for flying out of Australia and into Greece is?
    I know we have to fill out a passenger locator form and I don't believe Greece is imposing 14 day quarantine period. I also believe if we are flying through the UAE we have to present a negative Covid test?

If anyone has any advice or knowledge, I'd love to hear it

Thank you again to everyone for sharing their stories! Like I said, it's been a great comfort to be able to read them and know there are others in the same boat, especially when lots of people around me are falling pregnant and having beautiful babies! xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JMM91 For This Useful Post:

Aussiesofftogreece (06-08-2020),gypsychild (06-08-2020),Makeuplover40 (06-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandamoo so exciting you can still go so soon! flights to Ercan have to stopover in Turkey dont they? Just check there aren't any additional quarantine restrictions flying via there also.
    Last year I flew to Cyprus twice into Larnaca with Emirates via Dubai but not sure about current flights & restrictions with Emirates.
    What clinic are you going through again & where are they located?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mydreambaby For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (07-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydreambaby View Post
    @Amandamoo so exciting you can still go so soon! flights to Ercan have to stopover in Turkey dont they? Just check there aren't any additional quarantine restrictions flying via there also.
    Last year I flew to Cyprus twice into Larnaca with Emirates via Dubai but not sure about current flights & restrictions with Emirates.
    What clinic are you going through again & where are they located?

Hi, OMG just paid for the flights. Yes I’m in the Turkey airport for a couple of hours 🤞🏼. Apparently I only need a COVID test done 72 hours prior to departure. Flight Centre looked into everything.
    I wanted to fly with Emirates into Larnaca but the clinic advised I fly into Ercan as it’s too hard to get from South to North Cyprus and back or the boarders are closed. I’m going with Dunya Clinic.
    Last edited by Amandamoo; 07-08-2020 at 22:39.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (11-08-2020),Aussiesofftogreece (08-08-2020),Mydreambaby (09-08-2020),stacey10 (09-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi, OMG just paid for the flights. Yes I’m in the Turkey airport for a couple of hours 🤞🏼. Apparently I only need a COVID test done 72 hours prior to departure. Flight Centre looked into everything.
    I wanted to fly with Emirates into Larnaca but the clinic advised I fly into Ercan as it’s too hard to get from South to North Cyprus and back or the boarders are closed. I’m going with Dunya Clinic.
    So exciting! What date do you fly out? Are you staying in Kyrenia then? Its so beautiful there. How long are you staying for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydreambaby View Post
    So exciting! What date do you fly out? Are you staying in Kyrenia then? Its so beautiful there. How long are you staying for?
    We fly out on 26 August and staying in Girne. Is that nice? We’re staying till 11 September and hopefully arrive back in Brisbane 12 September.
    I organised it to be that long as a contingency plan in case we were going to have to do 14 day hotel lockdown in North Cyprus. However it appears our country is category B which is PCR test before departure and again on arrival.
    Last edited by Amandamoo; 09-08-2020 at 21:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    We fly out on 26 August and staying in Girne. Is that nice? We’re staying till 11 September and hopefully arrive back in Brisbane 12 September.
    I organised it to be that long as a contingency plan in case we were going to have to do 14 day hotel lockdown in North Cyprus. However it appears our country is category B which is PCR test before departure and again on arrival.
    Yes Girne is Kyrenia. Try to get to Bellapais monastery in the hills above Girne & also St Hillarion castle for the most spectacular views also.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mydreambaby For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (11-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best time to go @Amandamoo, don’t forget to take your swimwear incase you can get in a dip before transfer, beaches are lovely and I can give you the name of an awesome little restaurant that is a wee garden bar, makes their own pide and has the yummiest fresh fish on the menu and soo cheap. Which hotel are you staying at ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (11-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    Best time to go @Amandamoo, don’t forget to take your swimwear incase you can get in a dip before transfer, beaches are lovely and I can give you the name of an awesome little restaurant that is a wee garden bar, makes their own pide and has the yummiest fresh fish on the menu and soo cheap. Which hotel are you staying at ?
    Thank you please give me the name of the restaurant. We’re staying in a hotel close to the clinic. Nothing flash.
    Flights keep getting changed daily. Flight centre have said things change very quickly at the moment. I almost feel like we won’t be going. We’re now returning into South Australia and will be doing lockdown there.
    Last edited by Amandamoo; 11-08-2020 at 20:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Amandamoo It’s called candlelight restaurant and bar. Food is yummy ! Owner is called Fadil. It’s the street behind the Pia Bella Hotel, next door to their car park. I stayed in very unflash accomodation over there, most of the Hotels are decorated in the 70’s style, even the expensive ones lol. Breakfast was always yummy though, lots of salads, grilled peppers, fresh cheeses etc. Turkish pastries. I ate like a Turk over there minus the meat, so lots of salads etc for breakfast and strong Turkish tea, yum, I miss it, I was sad when I changed clinics as I would have loved to have gone back there. Hope your flights settle down !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (11-08-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to announce that my beautiful baby girl and baby boy arrived safely at 37+5 by elective csection. They are perfect! ❤️

They were transfer 11, embryo 21 & 22 for me over the course of my 7 year ivf journey. They were my last shot and I still pinch myself that both took and I now have three beautiful children. I am so grateful for this forum and the wealth of information from ladies on it, which helped direct me to Dr Nikos and his Embryoland team in Greece.

I will be forever grateful to him for helping me achieve what appeared to be an impossible fantasy at times. Dr Nikos was so excited for me when I let him know they arrived safely and I am so thankful for his warm, personal approach and very positive attitude throughout my journey as his patient. He’s amazing.

I never thought I would make it to this position and it’s been a long lonely road at times doing it on my own. To those doubting yourselves stick to your dreams and try to keep going.

To everyone else waiting to travel, I really hope things subside and it gets easier to get overseas in the very near future. I really feel for you all and wish lots of baby dust to everyone. xx

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (16-08-2020),Amandamoo (19-08-2020),Aussiesofftogreece (17-08-2020),Emeraldrose (16-08-2020),gorgeousgeorge (15-08-2020),gypsychild (15-08-2020),Makeuplover40 (15-08-2020),Mydreambaby (16-08-2020),Notalone (22-08-2020),Phia (16-08-2020),stacey10 (15-08-2020),Sweetu72 (16-08-2020),tinker27 (29-08-2020)